Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reccomend me a £100 (ish) compact camera
  • Rosss
    Free Member

As title. I’ve got around £100 to buy a compact digital camera to take on rides with me. Can anybody show me some still and action shots from their camera? I’m willing to spend a little more than £100 if it’s a great camera.

Northwind

I got my IXUS 130 for £100 from the canon factory store on Ebay… I take horrible photos so I won’t offend your eyes with any of my snaps, but it’s a lovely bit of kit- small, easy to use, and pretty tough. I’ve never had an Ixus I didn’t like really.

Rosss
    Free Member

I’ll add them to the list, cheers
    Anymore?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’d also be interested to hear what people have to say on this…

Some cameras especially at that price still have horrendous shutter lag and that really affects what you can capture.

Fuji used to have fairly quick shutter response and I have a reconditioned E900 I picked up on ebay for around £100 a few years ago now. Its quite dated now, but I do wonder if more modern cameras are quicker to focus and shoot.

Girlfriend had a cheapish Samsung that was slow, so I’d probably avoid that brand if I were you.

Rosss
    Free Member

I’ve never liked samsung anyway but thanks tomo i’ll discount them

Rosss
    Free Member
    dobo
    Free Member

i had an ixus 800 until it got nicked, great camera and responsive, hate slow cameras

MRanger156
    Free Member

I bought an ixus 130 earlier this year. Initially I was a bit disappointed coming from a DSLR but for the size/money I think its a great little camera.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a £100 (ish) compact camera’ is closed to new replies.