Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Reccomend a good cheap suit for work
  • Warrenpfo
    Free Member

As the title says i need a new suit for work and not wanting to spend more than £150 if possiable. Any reccomendations would be great and i visit client all day long so need to look good.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Birthday suit.! 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member
    GlennG
    Free Member

Get yourself down to Marks & Spencer they do some pretty reasonable suits for well under £100, ive got a couple that I wear every day for work, good quality for the money (if your not a lable snob)

uplink
    Free Member

Next had some reasonable looking suits for that sort of money

el_diablo
    Free Member

Machine washable M&S suit should be easy doable for that price.
    No point spending £10 every few weeks at the dry cleaners if you don't need to!

el_diablo
    Free Member
    Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Thanks, think i will get down to M&S this week to take a look

clunker

Another vote for MS and Next. Did get a Paul Smith one for £200 in the sale though

0091paddy
    Free Member

Give Brigdens a look if you've got one near you.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I got a really smart business suit from Moss for £260. IMO, you're better off spending up to £300 for it to last and look good – especially if it's the only suit you have. As for machine washable, don't bother, you'll still need to get it pressed afterwards.

el_diablo
    Free Member

As for machine washable, don't bother, you'll still need to get it pressed afterwards.

Not true. I've several machine washable M&S suits. Hang them up damp and they dry straight.

theotherjonv

for that price I'd say M&S too. And if you can stretch to an extra pair of trousers for the price, i would. IME cheaper suits / lower grade cloth can wear fast in the crotch and bag at the knees whereas the jacket will last better (especially if it's hung up in the car / over your chair in the office as opposed to being sat it)

br
    Free Member

Unless you happen to be the exact measurements to fit the peg-suit, made-to-measure is the only way – and cheaper than you think.

tails
    Free Member

john lewis, debenhams, house of fraser etc should all fall into the M&S bracket, don't go near a tailors or you'll get all excited and spend far more than you need on a work suit. Also bet you could get something to your measurements online if you looked around.

TheChunk
    Free Member

If there's one nearby try Slaters. I've had 2 suits from 2 different branches and I couldn't be happier, you'll easily get a nice suit for £150 and they'll measure you up and do free alterations so it fits nicely.

montylikesbeer

2nd slaters, have used them for years

surfer
    Free Member

+1 for Next. For everyday they are fine.

BoardinBob

The Florence and fred range at tesco is very decent. You'll easily get a decent suit for less than £100

epicyclo

b r – Member
    Unless you happen to be the exact measurements to fit the peg-suit, made-to-measure is the only way – and cheaper than you think.

He's right – a suit cut to fit always looks good.

The cheap way is to get a decent suit from the likes of M&S and if it doesn't fit exactly, go and see a tailor with it for a few alterations.

Don't know if Burton's still do made to measure, but it was the place to go in my day, and they were not expensive if you kept an eye on the options.

norbert-colon

+1 for Slaters

You'll easily get sorted for £150 and all of the suits I've had from them have been great quality and lasted well.

Failing that if folks start selling off just before Christmas because they are stuggling then that can be a good time to buy.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend a good cheap suit for work’ is closed to new replies.