Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reba SL continued woes…..
  • walla24
    Free Member

The ever awesome Loco kindly sent me a seal to replace the wiper type seal in my moco damper as it was leaking oil through the centre of the lockout when compressed.
    New seal fits lovely…but it still leaks!

Is there a way to strip the upper portion of the moco further as it looks like there is a tiny tiny o-ring in there?

Cheers in advance

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

There is a guy selling kits to do just that on ebay for the leaky moco.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

The ever awesome Loco kindly sent me a seal to replace the wiper type seal in my moco damper as it was leaking oil through the centre of the lockout when compressed.
    New seal fits lovely…but it still leaks!

Is there a way to strip the upper portion of the moco further as it looks like there is a tiny tiny o-ring in there?

Cheers in advance
    There is a tiny oil seal in there and it does have a tendency to leak. Why did they send you a wiper seal?

walla24
    Free Member

They sent me a fatter standard o-ring which seals it off better than the stock wiperish type one.

How do I get the damper apart further?

thursty- do you have a link please

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Try this item number. Seal no 4 ?

Scapegoat

The Moco top unscrews on a left hand thread.

cjr61

Think the guy evil Homer Simpson on fleabay sells seals. My issue is that I store it vertical. New seals and hanging it by the back wheel solved my leakage issues! Common issue on old moco units though.

walla24
    Free Member

yeah seal no. 4 cheers!
    How do I get that one in there?
    I have unscrewed the top (opposite thread) to seperate the black top cap from the red middle section

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reba SL continued woes…..’ is closed to new replies.