Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New rucksacks
  • bjhoppalong
    Free Member

So I need a new rucksack for use mountain biking but also walking and climbing and other stuff so around 20-30 litres, some of the evoc stuff looks really nice but very pricy. What do people recommend??

sam3000

personally I think this is great.

I didn’t buy mine from evans, it was on ebay from an outdoor shop, i forgot the name.

I would highly recommend the pack, the back support is great, loads of compartments…. etc

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/vaude/bike-alpine-35l-2012-backpack-ec033631

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Osprey Talon 22?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

Deuter Speed Lite 30?

£40.50 (Using code GET100 from Blacks.

bjhoppalong
    Free Member

I don’t really like the material vaude and osprey use (the shiny stuff) and looking for something a bit less bulky

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Osprey material is very thin, tearing thin I’d say. Light weight though, but prone to rip on climbs, probably ok on the bike.

bjhoppalong
    Free Member

that’s exactly what I thought

boxfish
    Free Member

Deuter for me, every time. Quality kit.

jet26
    Free Member

DHB slice. Great pack for the money and really well thought out. Sits low so no helmet issues and really comfy even doing 30 miles plus on road bike with laptop etc in it.

gaberin
    Free Member

Evoc fr trail, very comfy on the bike, also used it for a weeks hiking in Italy. Very good quality.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

agentdagnamit – Member
    Osprey material is very thin, tearing thin I’d say. Light weight though, but prone to rip on climbs, probably ok on the bike.

I have been using a Talon 22 for 4-5 years as my all day pack. The material looks like it would rip just by looking at it, but I can testify that it is amazingly resilient. It has been well used and had numerous big offs into rocks and all sorts of stuff, but still doesn’t have a mark on it. Is tick it in the washing machine and it comes up like new

Shackleton

Evoc. Bombproof, well designed, well implemented, no pointless “features”, plenty of storage and organising options inside and the most comfortable and stable bags I’ve ever used. Deuter, camelbak, and osprey seem very inferior in every regard by comparison (I’ve owned and used bags from all of these brands, I’m not going back). Expensive maybe but the best value for money by a big margin.

Not sure I can think of a rucksack that would really work for all activities though. Maybe some of the osprey ones would suit better if that is what you require, but would still be a compromise on some aspects.

Pieface

OMM Jirishanca if 35 litres isn’t too big.

Tracey

We use Deuter Futuras, have done for years. They come in different sizes and can be seperated inside. Also hold off you back with a frame like thing

mindmap3
    Free Member

Another vote for Evoc here too.

They’re pricey but do seem to be really well made. Mine is holding up much better than my last Camelback did.

jmatlock
    Free Member

I bought an Evoc CC16 a few weeks ago. Extremely comfy. Very well designed .

I would never buy another Camelbak or anything else or that batter.

Best £59 I have spent in a long while.

dragon
    Free Member

If you like simple and cheap the look at Alpkit and Exped brilliant simple bags.

blairc70
    Free Member

Dakine stuff is spot on, Drafter or Amp.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Deuter all day long, quality bags.

Jamie
    Free Member

OP. You never stated whether you want a bag with a hydration bladder, or at least the ability to use one at a later date, like a lot of the Deuters offer.

badllama
    Free Member

Just got one of these Lowepro Rover Pro 35L AW Backpack after reading the review in Singletrack and although expensive and mainly for photo kit lugging it would make a cracking 35l overnighter acres of room.

Did 16 miles in it last Sunday and it was very pleasent. Lowepro stuff is pricey but having 4 diffferent bags off them (for different types of video / photo jobs) they will last a life time even when abused. 😀

bjhoppalong
    Free Member

Ideally with a hydration bladder but so long as its compatible that’s fine

mallorcadave
    Free Member

Another vote for Evoc here. Can’t buy better in my opinion. I wote a review for MoreDirt on my freeride enduro you can read it here

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New rucksacks’ is closed to new replies.