Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reba servicing, with an added twist
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

I’d like to service a pair of Rebas, which are two years old. What’s a good step by step guide for this?

The added twist is this. They were fitted with a PopLoc that seized up. I removed it, to find that the switch on the fork leg makes the fork locked when u tensioned, and unlocked when under tension, which was the opposite way round to what I was expecting and required a bodge with a short piece of cable to keep the forks unlocked.

What can I do so that that, either the fork is unlocked when this switch is untensioned, or alternatively convert it so it has a manual lockout on the fork leg.

Cheers.

pjt201
    Free Member

If you remove the motion control unit and look through the plastic bit with holes in (technical term this) you should be able to see the spring that causes the cable to release. You should be able to unhook this meaning the moco unit will work under the friction of the dial on the fork crown.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

joking aside
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rock+shox+reba+service

There are lots of videos

SRAM do some great tech support
    https://www.sram.com/service/rockshox/7,103
    The exploded drawings are very useful

krixmeister

Despite @mikewsmith’s helpfulness, I too had trouble finding good online documents for servicing my Reba RL 29s. The SRAM guide’s are helpful to an extent, but at least for my model year they contained service instructions for all forks that year and didn’t clearly specify which instructions applied to my forks.

This video also didn’t directly apply, I but found it a lot more helpful in understanding how things came apart/went together.

Good luck.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cheers. It was more ‘what’s a good video’ rather than ‘how do I find a video’ 🙂

otsdr
    Free Member
    devash
    Free Member

Definitely worth replacing the poploc with the crown adjustment dial if you can. The parts are super easy to source from your LBS and it means the fork won’t get stuck locked out if the poploc remote breaks.

Superficial
    Free Member

There’s a funny metal disc at the bottom of the moco cartridge. That can be removed and rotated which has probably happened and why your forks are locking out in the wrong lever position. It’s pretty easy to pull out and rotate a bit if you have the forks apart.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve a vague recollection of seeing PeterPoddy’s guide before, but also something that suggested that newer Rebas were somehow different internally. Only a vague recollection though, so I could be mistaken?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reba servicing, with an added twist’ is closed to new replies.