Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rebas… replacing pop loc with a dial?
  • jekkyl

Complicated job? will the whole mechanism need replacing or just fit a knob? Thanks

lovewookie

you’ll need to remove the return spring from the shaft too, otherwise you’ll lock it out and it’ll spring back to open.

shredder
    Free Member

Guide here
    Think it was a forum member who put it up I used it some time ago .

fenred
    Free Member

Bookmarked – Good guide link shredder!

otsdr
    Free Member

For bonus points you should take out the spring altogether, the (reverse threaded) top cap can be unthreaded from the plastic cartridge:

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/motion-control-rebuild-possible-334622.html#post3492191

P20

Pretty straight forward. I managed it!

jekkyl

Splendid job, thanks shredder. I’ve just been down my lbs and he reckoned it’d need a new internal for £90 odd.

iainc

the linked guide was written by PeterPoddy – I used it a few yrs back and found it very helpful

richmtb

It should take you all of ten minutes. I’ve done it twice.

Its worth doing the extra step of removing the spring by unscrewing the top of the plastic cartridge

jairaj

Yep very easy job to do. Note the spring is quite stiff so take a bit of effort to get it off. At first I was being a pansy and couldn’t shift it, eventually thought f** it and just went for it and it came out nice and easy. No damage to the damper and its still running fine years later.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Think it was a forum member who put it up I used it some time ago .

That’ll be me wot did it. 🙂
    Newer forks are a bit different but the theory is the same (Those were 2004 models if I recall correctly) and the newest ones (last couple of years) can’t all be done without changing the damping cartridge I think

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rebas… replacing pop loc with a dial?’ is closed to new replies.