Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Reasons to buy a Land Rover # 1
  • Slogo
    Free Member

My friends in south africa are all into land rovers. they’re all jaked up and have massive wheels for off roading and pulling boats.

they spend more time in the garage in bits than actually getting dirty.

Land rover…. build shit cars, people love fixing them. what a great business model.

CountZero

Just checked, it’s a supercharged V8:
    http://www.jeengineering.co.uk/je-super-defenders/je-defender-zulu
    Nom!

My friends in south africa are all into land rovers. they’re all jaked up and have massive wheels for off roading and pulling boats.

they spend more time in the garage in bits than actually getting dirty.

Land rover…. build shit cars, people love fixing them. what a great business model.
    Ever thought that the jacked up, massive wheels, off-roading thing might, in part, be a reason why they’re often in bits in the garage?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Whats right about that cz. That looks bogging.

Did they use a wrangler for inspiration?

hot_fiat

Having used wrangler tilt tops a lot, and knowing how much of a pita they are, I can imagine how bad a modern defender tilt would be. I’m thinking Westfield cloth hood bodged onto a Caterham with door tops made by Morgan as a quality guide.

Was up in kielder yesterday where a load of felling work was going on. Not one off the forestry guys had a landie, they were all in Navaras, L200s, hiluxes, rangers and Berlingos! In fact I didn’t see a single Browns Lane product all day. 🙁

matt_outandabout

Jacked up you say?
    Big wheels you say?

Slogo
    Free Member

more like this…. with proper off road wide tyres, and SWB fun when its working.

or something a little more brokeback mountain

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Navaras, L200s, hiluxes, rangers and Berlingos”

Yep landies went down hill big time after the 300tdi(1996/97). TD5 needs work to make it any cope as it suffers lag. and the 2.2 and 2.4 TDCI – well ….suck and they ruined the interior by putting a focus interior in there and any space there was was instantly filled by bloated plastic – and the gearbox sucks and they went down the route of traction control instead of diff locks – so theres nothing new enough thats any good for them to run fleet anyway – that you can get in the uk. 300TDI ROW spec would be the right tool 😀

Berlingos are the ideal vehicle for rattling round forestry tracks anyway – and by the speed they rocket round fetteresso and the age of them , they seem to go at a fair speed and last.

Id love one of the new rangers in the 3.2l guise but i prefer not to pay 250 a month for a car to sit on my drive and look good all day 😉

Never mind could be worse – the only thing ive seen thats worse for rattling than brand new punto dashboards is a babys rattle.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Reasons to buy a Land Rover # 1’ is closed to new replies.