Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • rear shocks
  • heckler73
    Free Member

rear shock on my mega is a monarch, thinking of getting a fox rp23 with the pro pedal as im used to a lockout and kinda buggin me havin wee bit of bounce climbing out the saddle, but it gives shock in different sizes, how do i know which one to order ???

kayak23

SHOCK:
    200X57, Hardware Size – 22.2mmx8 and 34mmx8

Same length eye to eye and same stroke and same mounts and you’ll be fine however, time and again I believe that folks are saying that the monarch works the best. It seems to on my mega anyway.

I fitted a dhx coil and had it tuned for me and the bike and it still didn’t feel as plush as my old giant reign did with a coil shock.

Have you tried a service and tune?
    I can’t see what bike wouldn’t Bob a bit from standing climbing anyway… Get a hardtail?

Trimix
    Free Member

Borrow one first. I had an RP23 on my Transition. It did not bob, but to get it to work for stuff the Transition is suited for I had to put so much air in it the rebound stopped working (250psi) and it rampped up so much it felt all wrong. I weigh 86 kg.

OK for XC, but for messing about and small jumps etc it was pants.

Ive gone coil now and its way better.

heckler73
    Free Member

the bikes about 6 weeks old had about 12 rideson it, shock been ok from day one, just had a lockout switch on my old bike,but this shock doesnt give me that option, was giving myself while to get used to it, but kinda hankering for a lockout one again……….

heckler73
    Free Member

had fox lockout on my heckler, no bob at all, hardtail ive got 4 of them , 2 with front shocks and 2 with rigids,hmmm hmmm was getting used to the bob but seems like work climbing, i will just have to get out more , try bit harder…….

Conan257
    Free Member

RP23 doesn’t have a lockout… It has the same basic functionality as the Monarch in terms of the lever adjusting low speed compression…

bwaarp
    Free Member

My monarch on my Mega practically locks out for all intents and purposes.

mildred

Bos Vip’r

Northwind

Trimix – Member

Borrow one first. I had an RP23 on my Transition. It did not bob, but to get it to work for stuff the Transition is suited for I had to put so much air in it the rebound stopped working (250psi) and it rampped up so much it felt all wrong. I weigh 86 kg.

That’s all just setup, surely- wrong rebound tune mainly. Fault of Transition (assuming it came with the bike) not the shock.

zangolin
    Free Member

What Bwaarp said. Std Monarch on my Mega more or less used to lock out just like RP23 i have had in the past. Is your shock working as it should? If you have the correct adapter it may be worth checking that the IFP pressure is as it should be (250 psi or so). I switched over to the Monarch Plus on my Mega as i like a bit more ‘”plushness” on the downs – even that locks out pretty well for long fireroad climbs.

heckler73
    Free Member

monarch works fine, locks whilst seated but when i stand for some climbs it bobs a little

Mugboo

Monarch on mine really firms up for climbing with the propedal on. Loco will tune it for you for the downhills for not alot of cash.

Trimix
    Free Member

Northwind – its more a fault of my riding style 🙂

I dont like the ramping up that you get with air shocks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘rear shocks’ is closed to new replies.