Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rear Mudguards
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Just a quickie what do people use and recommend?

Thanks
    J

epicsteve
    Free Member

Crudguard.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I make my own from thermoplastic guttering – custom fit and lighter and more efficient than bought ones. Might not be the route for everyone tho 🙂

Kahurangi

Crud Catcher Raceguard.

Were the problems with the newer ones fixed?

slacker

I use an SKS X3 nothing flash but it does the job. Easy to remove or swap between bikes.

Coyote
    Free Member

Crud Guard

Onzadog
    Free Member

crud.

redthunder
    Free Member

Crud catcher… old version.

iainc

are the race pack ones much different from the newer style ones ?

pcb
    Free Member

Cycraguard here. I like the QR on it makes swapping it about a doddle.

PCB.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Crud

chappers
    Free Member

I bought a cryaguard pack because I could get them in white. Some nice touches like the rubber spine for the crud catcher but it's very wide at one end so it works well but the aesthetics don't do it for me. Same with the rear guard. Works well but the large QR clamp looks big. My QR won't undo at the moment either. After a month I switched to a new white crud race pack. Looks much better but probably doesn't work any better. The single bolt clamp works fine on my 27.2 post now that the correct rubber is supplied. The crud rear race guard does have a shortish mounting though, whereas the old guard did come in long or short brackets.

FuzzyWuzzy

I've tried about 5 different makes so far, the Cycraguard is about the best of a bad lot IMO. The Crud Race Guard probably looks the best but it's a shoddy design that relies on metal biting on plastic, tighten it too much (which for me was just tight enough to stop the guard moving about) and it will shear inside and you won't be able to undo it (or re-use it).

I still can't understand why no one is able to make a decent QR mudguard (or at least one with a hinged clamp + bolt).

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I use a crud guard on the back with a SKS shock board on the front as this fits the steer tube it follows the front wheel as well as projecting past the front.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Race Guard (old type)with a Crud Guard mounting bracket (the Race Guard one is too floppy)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rear Mudguards’ is closed to new replies.