Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rear cantis on a frame without a cable hanger, how?
  • 13thfloormonk

I’ve tried one of those wee hangers that dangles off the seat clamp bolt but it won’t work on my frame as there isn’t enough clearance between the bolt and the seat tube, is there anything else that would work?

I can’t see anything on the obvious websites. Its for a Genesis Day Zero.

Cheers

13thfloormonk

D’oh! Just remember to check Billys Bike Bits, they do a Surly hanger that looks like just the job.

Smarty
    Free Member

Found the Surly thing a bit long so I made one myself

13thfloormonk

The surly looks like just the right length. Not mad keen on hanging it off the seatclamp bolt though as it means spinning my seatclamp 180deg so that it pinches the seat-tube on the opposite side from the slot, I’d heard this could damage them?

andyl
    Free Member

get a seatclamp with rack mounts and hang something from the rack mount holes?

I noticed on my Thomson seatpost clamp instructions it said to mount it the ‘wrong way round’ on carbon frames. Not sure if it makes any difference to metal ones tbh.

13thfloormonk

Nice thinking Andy, but those seatclamps all have the ‘pinch’ on the same side as the mounts, so wouldn’t change my problem re: the seat tube slot.

Doesn’t help that its a 30.0 seat tube, not much out there that fits it!

Think I’ll chance it with the seat clamp the wrong way round, we’ll just not tell Genesis should the frame suddenly explode or fall apart…

bratty

v-brakes (or mini v’s) don’t need a hanger….

13thfloormonk

Yeah, but they’re pish. I’ve just taken a set off. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rear cantis on a frame without a cable hanger, how?’ is closed to new replies.