Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Really Slim Flat Pedals Recommendations Plz!
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

I am after some sleek slim flats, I like the look of theseand thesealso these.

What do you have on your bikes, seen other pedals but there twice the price of the ones I've shown are they worth the extra.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You want slim?
    How about Flypapers?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Flypapers 😯 blimey are they any good, as they look a bit flimsy. Where did you get them from Mr Flashheart?

donks
    Free Member

Superstar component pedals are pretty much the same as the first two and a bit cheaper….loads of colours too.

cheshmatt
    Free Member

Superstar Nano Tech
    Exactly the same as the Nuke Proofs

Superstar Nano Thru Pins
    Same as Kona Wah Wah's

I've just got the Tech's, can't fault them, super thin and really nice big platform, can't comment on life yet.

pastcaring
    Free Member

point one, podiums

flippinheckler
    Free Member

[quotepastcaring – Member
    point one, podiums[/quote]

Wooooaaaaaaaaaaa I am waiting for my Turner & I will have an SLX double as well, just the style I am looking for! 😀

Nice one, but how much?

tails
    Free Member

How are the point one? Are they wedge shaped or do they just look like they are?

I run straitline but my head as been turned by the point one, burgtec mk3 and crampon pedals. Do they run on bearings or bushings?

GavinB

Canfield Crampons? 6mm thick

pastcaring
    Free Member

to much… but i expect them to last a very long time ❓ good luck with your turner, love mine!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=43495

cheshmatt
    Free Member

The One Point Racing Podiums are damn nice pedals, but unfortunately £130, which was just a bit too much for me. Their stems are works of art too.

pastcaring
    Free Member

tails – Member
    How are the point one? Are they wedge shaped or do they just look like they are?

I run straitline but my head as been turned by the point one, burgtec mk3 and crampon pedals. Do they run on bearings or bushings?

no not wedge shape, they are big though, only slightly concave and very grippy. they use bearings, the one closest to the crank arm are huge . like all things point one it's beautifully made (sorry i'm a metal worker)

i would of liked to of tried the crampons, but first few reviews mentioned loose pins from new, not good in a £100+ pedal.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I run the crampons and I think they're the thinnest you can get that run on standard cranks.
    Huge platform size, and very stiff, best I've used, but only had them since crimbo, so can't comment on lifespan.
    Edit: loose pins from new?? They come loose and you put in as many or few as you like for grip, pre loctited too. Quite sensible really. Strange comment. Mine have been spot on.

tails
    Free Member

I think pastcaring is referring to the pins coming loose during use, rather than coming loose with the pedal, still that sounds like user error.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Yeah what I meant was, how are they loose from new? As you fit them yourself, they'll only come loose if you don't fit them right.

pastcaring
    Free Member

@swift

from the first reviews i read, people complained about really loose pins. (once fitted) i.e.: tolerances between pedal and pin were shit!

i'm glad you find that a strange comment, and your pedals are not like that. that means canfield have picked this problem up and made it right.

heihei

Have a pair of straitlines and the superstar nano tech (under nukeproof brand). Like both. Superstar / nukeproof way lighter (have the ti versions) and only problem is the paint is starting to peel off.

I tried crampons but didn't get on with them, I think because they are not concave in shape. Sold them to a mate who loves them. Have a set of podiums on order so will be interested to see how they compare.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Ah ok, no mine were no issue. Only slight disappointment for me was the fact that the spindles were silver not gold. Speaking to Chris (Canfield) apparently the colour Was just a nitride type coating and rubbed straight off, so they binned the idea.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Ok, so I am now torn between the Point One's & Canfields, I am used to DMR but was not really that happy with the grip even with 5 10's. I think the new bike deserves the extra and if it helps keep my feet planted thats a win win.

grumm
    Free Member

The Superstar ones are great imo but are they exactly the same as those HT components ones which are a bit cheaper?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I went from V8s to the Crampons….much much bigger, more comfortable, more grippy, more stable
    Only one pin has come loose so far, needs more red loctite.
    Occasional squeak from the left axle, and getting used to the slightly convex shape have been the only downsides.
    Only downside I have heard on the PointOnes are that maybe your foot slides outwards a bit, due to that curve near the axle.
    For me, spending this sort of silly money (xmas prezzie 🙂 ) I wanted the thinnest + widest on the market. I think it's a nice upgrade.
    I'm pretty sure having a big surface area means you can push harder on the pedal with less pain – lower PSI

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Really Slim Flat Pedals Recommendations Plz!’ is closed to new replies.