Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Really, really stupid stuff you think about when riding…
  • daftvader
    Free Member

the worst one I have…. Is my tongue supposed to sit in my mouth like this?…. Go on and try it. Just close your mouth and think about your tongue and all of a sudden it feels really really weird….

Duggan

Some brilliant stuff in here 😆

I usually make plans for career, fitness, relationship etc that will vastly improve my life in general and then forget about everything I’ve planned as soon as I get off the bike. It’s the same with running.

I also seem to spend a disproportionate amount of time worrying about which walker/landowner/dog-walker/other cyclist I might piss off by going up here/down there/round there which I’m pretty sure is a warped sense of fear I’ve developed from reading too many threads on here, as I don’t ever actually recall getting into any kind of altercation or confrontation in the past. I just can’t seem to help it though.

schnor
    Free Member

Normally get songs stuck in my head too 😐

Today I was wondering why you never see dwarf things in nature, like dwarf crows or dwarf trees? I also wondered if animals can only recognise dwarfs in their own species, e.g. would a dwarf whale be descriminated against by non-dwarf dolphins, or do dwarf dolphins have massive secret gang wars with dwarf whales that mankind knows nothing about? I only reached the conclusion that I now want a dwarf cat 😀

Now dwarf looks funny as ive written it so much.

chives
    Free Member

@schnor – Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy….

ontor
    Free Member

@ Chives – a race at Haldon? Part of a series? – wondering how I missed it

Lifer
    Free Member

On the road bike it’s usually music, today I got through quite a lot of ‘Tommy’ once I’d got past about a hundred repeats of ‘Tommy can you hear me? Dun dun dun de diddle da’

On the mtb in the woods it’s usually trolls or when I’m doing my local loop round here I’m on the lookout for someone who wants a race or running from something that’s right on my back wheel. And as I mentioned on Juan’s thread Star Wars Speeders!

chives
    Free Member

Ontor, yeah, I only noticed it on (wonders if the mods will allow a mention) XCracer about four days ago. I don’t know if there’s some politics at foot, but it doesn’t seem to have got much attention.

I was gutted that the Fully Sussed series was (is) a non-starter for me; I just have prior engagements/work that coincide with almost every date (first three included).

so I was delighted that there were to be another ‘evening series’. Mid Devon Cycling Club are organising them, next round’s on 30th May at South Dartmoor College, check out the MDCC website for details.

Back on-topic, the other thing I think about is (given that Archimedes said it’s not) is it possible to arrive at 10 degrees (angle) using just a pair of compasses and an ungraduated straight edge.

A colleague at work found an example on’t interweb, but i drew it on CAD and it’s not accurate to any decimal places.. (WHY OH WHY?????) 😳

ontor
    Free Member

thanks chives- funny that one I didn’t see it on MDCC website either – will have a better digg.

chives
    Free Member

They’re calling it the 2XC2012 Series I think. No results yet, but I got in ahead of the guy I was dicing with last year, so that’s a start. 😀

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

When on night rides I usually end up planning how I’d deal with groups of neds (chavs) using my drinking bottle as a makeshift club as I blind the would be attackers with my light. If I had time I’d reach for my pump and use it like a telescopic police baton swinging left and right, smashing kneecaps leaving my attackers writhing in a burberry tangle on the floor.

I also construct defiant speeches that I’ll one day stand up and rant at our enforced company ‘lets all be one big happy team’ meeting in the face of the management who are looking after themselves very nicely as they cut the pay of the workers on the lower bands.

Aliens too. Nice looking ones clad in lycra like in Sci Fi films. My god I’m weird.

M6TTF
    Free Member

i have a habit of getting shit songs stuck in my head,

This

avdave2

My arms get in the way when I sleep, it would be awesome if I could remove them at night, and pop em back on again in the morning…

It’s simple you remove your left arm with your right hand and your right arm with your left hand. I didn’t even need to go for a ride to work that one out.

I often find myself wondering at the ability of the wind to know which way I’m about to turn so it can change and allow me to head straight into it.

And I often think that I can’t believe that 27 years on that I still enjoy riding on the downs around my house just as much as when I started.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Really, really stupid stuff you think about when riding…’ is closed to new replies.