Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Really ? 26% further ??
  • simonm
    Free Member

Anyone believe this shizzle from High5?

iDave
    Free Member

“cyclists were asked to ride a 60 mile Sportive as quickly as possible. If they had anything left, they were then required to continue as far as possible matching their 60 mile speed.”

I see some contradictions and a big opportunity for psychological influence on the sportive and subsequent performance.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Is it no cheaper just to buy a banana…

simonm
    Free Member

they appear to spend an awful lot on marketing..

trail_rat
    Free Member

That befoe or after the high 5 stomach cramps . Horrible stuff! – i used to get it foc and i still couldnt use it!

maccruiskeen

they appear to spend an awful lot on marketing..

The article the advert references, in order to back its claims, is itself an advert.

“Funded by High5,the research was conducted independently by Dr Carrie Ferguson and won’t be published in a scientific journal; however it showed two interesting results…….”

sambob
    Free Member

Hmmm… Sounds like male cow excrement to me.

iDave
    Free Member

Sadly I can’t read the research.

But if you are asked to ride as fast as possible, how can you ‘have anything left’. How do they determine that you have anything left. What is this ‘anything’ and where is it stored? Is it glycogen, willpower, cheese?

njee20
    Free Member

High5 are very good at that, their Zero tablets ‘burn 41% more fat’, and they’ve always harped on about how much quicker Source makes you over a 25 mile TT.

Must say I like the taste though!

trail_rat
    Free Member

its like the lucozade claims that you stay xx amount more hydrated than plane water

then you read the small print and it says “due to the taste being better so your more likely to drink it ”

oh how i laughed

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Another company to add to my “banned from my house on principle” list.

warton
    Free Member

I like their zero tabs, just because its not as sickly as carb drinks, their gels aren’t all bad either, if you got them on that groupon deal..

tracknicko
    Free Member

i have a 5kg tub that id swap for a pint/something shiny if anyone wants it?

can’t drink more than 3 sips without hurrendous stomach cramps.

sputnik
    Free Member

Tracknico, I’d be interested in the tub.
    Let my go see how much I have in my PP account

njee20
    Free Member

They don’t do a 5kg tub, biggest is 2.2kg.

wwaswas

Is it glycogen, willpower, cheese?

Oooohh! Can I use cheese as an energy food now?

Please say I can.

For the record I have no willpower and little idea what glycogen is so I’m willing to put my trust in cheese.

tracknicko
    Free Member

They don’t do a 5kg tub, biggest is 2.2kg.

5lb then. thanks for picking that up. i’d hate for someone to have it off me and then realise i had ripped them off to the tune of a few pennies

😉

AndyP
    Free Member

5lb then
    not even that.

Dickyboy

For the record I have no willpower and little idea what glycogen is so I’m willing to put my trust in cheese.

What percentage of trust is found in cheese? And if it’s 100% how come there is still enough space for so much fat?

soobalias
    Free Member

idave recommends cheese to make sure you have something left.

*buys cheese*

joao3v16
    Free Member

Maybe Hi5 should advertise on the back of buses using a cricketer?

This approach got quite a lot of support on another thread anyway.

They didn’t make any wild claims about being able to make 26% more runs per innings or anything though.

And there was no comparative analysis against eating cheese.

simonm
    Free Member

actually..It worked ! before Saturday (and my High5 fuelled ride) max distance I’d ever ridden was about 25miles.. Did 41 on Saturday with 6500′ climbing in the Peak.

Not entirely down to the High5.. a winter on the Turbo and a lot of determination but I must say it helped, I felt good at the end rather than ded and it was only the 7th hill where I started feeling a bit dead.

nick3216
    Free Member

Now please do the same ride on cheese as a control.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Really ? 26% further ??’ is closed to new replies.