Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rapha Supercross – Suitable for 1st Race?
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Hi all, I’m wanting to enter my first CX event, and this is on, down the road from me, a week on Sat & Sun. The Sunday race for V40s is described as “Category B CX Band 4”. I don’t really know what this means, and the BC website doesn’t really make it any clearer.

So my question is: Am I eligible to enter a race like this, and is the standard going to be suitable for a fit 40 year-old doing their 1st race?

Ta

PS Full disclosure: Yes, I did also post this on Bikeradar. But as their CX board gets about 2 views a week (and one of those is me), I thought I might get a better response here.

eddie11
    Free Member

band4 is the normal league standard that happens around the country every sunday throughout the winter. you need to hold a bronze license or pay for a day license to race.

Rapha tends to attract guys from across a few leagues so there will be some pretty handy riders at the front but overall the atmosphere is pretty chilled. The field is normally very big so the race is a bit of a lottery anyway.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Awesome. I’m going to enter. Thanks.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

So my question is: Am I eligible to enter a race like this, and is the standard going to be suitable for a fit 40 year-old doing their 1st race?

Go on, give it a go. Everyone comes last, or, at least, not first in their first race. Right?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Don’t mind coming last I suppose. I was last of my wave out of the water in the Salford Tri many years ago. Got a good sympathy round of applause from all the WAGs spectating 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

What’s the worst that can happen?

There’s also a battle of the Roses race AFAIK

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Roses race on Sat – I can’t make it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Supercross – Suitable for 1st Race?’ is closed to new replies.