Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ranmore
  • mattg123
    Free Member

Normally ride Peaslake/Holmbury but fancy a change so heading over to Ranmore tonight, can anyone suggest a good start point or places to head for ??
    Cheers.

xcstu
    Free Member

I normally start at the Denbies vineyard in Dorking (easy parking if in a car and free) and cycle up towards Ranmore and then do a loop to peaslake, leigh hill and back!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

One suggestion – park in Abinger Hammer or Westcott and take obvious BW on map to Park Farm (different direction depending on choice of start!). Take climb up the Downs (easier than it looks from below) from there ignoring TL on NDW. Turn left later and make way towards the Abba Zamma/Blind Terror stuff near White Down. Play around there for a while. Then back up to NDW past Netley Heath to Hollister Farm (go past farm buildings) then turn left down (straight on the map) fast descent towards Shere. (Carefully of rooty bit 3/4 of the way down under trees!) Either follow the road back or just before road drop down on to bigger BW (the angled one on the map) under road and into Shere and up the other side into wInterold area etc….

That would be a mix of fun stuff (AZ/BT etc) with quite long stretches of simple XC blasting and one decent climb to make it feel like a work out!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mattg I think the trails there are harder to find and also are generally shorter or are named “features” 50m long – have you ridden Leith or Winterfold much ? email me if you want some ideas

freeridenick
    Free Member

Big tree down on lower AZ/BT. on the flat bit before the rooty section. watch out!

mattg123
    Free Member

Cheers for reply’s, had a pants day at work so didn’t get chance to check here before we went out, didn’t find much of the good stuff but got 2 hours riding in so better than sitting at home, I’m more annoyed about being charged £4 a pint in the Compass’s on the way home…

Jambalaya, thank’s for the offer mate but I know Leith, Holmbury, Pitch & Winterfold inside out 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

First rule about Ranmore – don’t talk about Ranmore 😛

Excellent stuff though, but a lot of sensitive stuff there too so don’t make things too public else they can get dug up or closed off. Best explored or better ride with people who can show you the trails.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@matt – my point was the Ranmore stuff is hard to find (relative to the hills you know better) and has been the subject of action by police/national trust. Trails like Reformation are great if you can ride them and it’s quite interesting to watch others who can but it’s hardly worth spending an evening searching it out otherwise.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ranmore’ is closed to new replies.