Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Random one – parking in Bath
  • cp

OK, off to bath for a few days in Dec. The place we’re staying has no parking… what’s on-street parking like in Bath, or are there any 24hr car parks that can be recommended centrally?

Ta

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you staying? Central? If so, onstreet is pretty much non-existent. Charlotte Street car park is about the nearest to the centre without being fleeced. Prepare for the most enthusiastic parking attendants outside London too.

cp

🙂

Yeah, staying very central apparently! Will look up Charlotte street – assume it’s 24hrs?

Cheers!

zomersetglider

I’d go for the Park and Ride at Lansdown.

rp16v
    Free Member

tbh your better off parking it out towards twerton(near mc d’s) and walking into bath its only 10-15 mins walk and u can ditch the car prety much anywhare around there no probs will save yourself a bundle just make sure there is no grey area the p/a’s can fleace u for or try the park and ride on upper bristol rd.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Beware, some duff info above.

The retail park where ‘Mc D’s’ is – it’s operated by a private company and has a limit – you’d be mad to leave it there for a few days!

Re. P&Rs there’s one at Newbridge and another at Lansdown but be aware
    again they don’t allow overnight parking.

You need to be a bit more specific about which hotel you’re in. There are lots and ‘central’ could cover anything from the Hilton to the Royal Crescent (which has it’s own private garage and concierge
    service btw!). Many have ‘residents parking’ permits (see below) that they loan out.

There is absolutely no ‘free’ on street parking anywhere within about a mile of the center. And most is residents parking permit only or max 2 hrs.

More info here:

http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/transportandstreets/Parking/Pages/default.aspx

llama

Find a quiet street somewhere just outside the center and walk / bus in.

Or front up the cash for a car park.

rp16v
    Free Member

a/a i said somewhare buy macdonalds not in macdonalds that would be plain stupid but the roads on the otherside of a4 on the housing est dont have a parking permit restriction(my misses used to live there when we first met)which is about 15 mins walk into town

however was unsure about the p&r situation with overnight

cp

I don’t mind paying for a car park, so long as it is 24hrs! Not sure where we’re staying – a landmark trust place I think. Having just done a brief search, I think it’s the one right near the roman baths.

cp

interestingly one of the websites I found for parking said the p&r’s were open 24hrs…

cheers for the help all – i want to just turn up, dump the car and get on with enjoying the place rather than driving round trying to find a place to leave the car.

CountZero

If you don’t mind a bit of a hike, Cavendish Road, near the top, is outside the parking zone:

A friend of mine lives near the top of Park Street, and I always leave the car on Cavendish when I visit her, as her road, apart from being very steep and narrow, is permit controlled. The pub on the corner is excellent, good beer, and they’re open really late. St James Wine Vaults, I believe it’s called.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Random one – parking in Bath’ is closed to new replies.