Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Raid Pyrenean or similar honeymoon
  • hooja
    Free Member

Right then…need some ideas or advice.
    Getting married in july and we are thinking of riding atlantic to med, across pyrenees ending with a few days luxury on the med, for our honeymoon.
    Other option, at the moment is Geneva to nice, same idea.
    Has anyone done similar of have any other ideas for epic rides with a more traditional honeymoon end point.
    Not really interested in guided/supported stuff, we would rather do our own thing. The other decision is wether to credit card tour or load ourselves up and camp.
    Any ideas will be much appreciated
    ta…

lovebadger
    Free Member

my good lady and I did the Raide Alpine (Geneva to antibes)in a reasonably relaxed 10 days on a tandem. Beautiful ride but hard on a tandem! You can finish in Antibes or another coastal town – loads of choice. We carried camping kit and ate out so we didn’t have to carry a stove etc.

Raide Pyrenean will be shorter so it may depend on how many days you want to ride.

Hope you enjoy your day and your honeymoon whatever you choose.

grahamh
    Free Member

I have a report my dad did after he did the raid back in 1988, I can send that to you if you like.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hooja
    Free Member

I like the look of the raide alpine and antibes sounds like a good place to end but the draw of all the classic cols in the pyrenees is so tempting.
    Would be great if you could send the report through graham, we have just started looking at route planning and that could be very helpful.
    cheers

ChrisE
    Free Member

I did the Geneva to Nice thing in Summer. See

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/with-pics-the-best-adventure-best-ride-ever-gr5-transalp

I am also working on a Med to Atlantic route as the next one.

Drop me an email (in profile)

C

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Raid Pyrenean or similar honeymoon’ is closed to new replies.