Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ragley frames in South Wales :)
  • spev

Hope this doesnt cause any probs.
    I work in a small independant LBS in South Wales, i'm trying to convince the boss to stock some Ragley Frames as I think if we push them then we could probably sell a few. Our problem is the big LBS locally tends to step on us a bit when we do something that they could do (but dont)
    Is there any interest in this area for people wanting to hire a demo bike for the day and then maybe purchase a frame? The demo would probably be based on a Blue Pig.
    Cheers
    Chris

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Why do you let the large LBS influence your decisions? If you think you can sell them then do it.

spev

Ah its not a question of letting them.
    For example, we had a visit from the rep of a large MTB brand saying that the other shop had dropped their bikes and would we like them, we duly said yes and ordered a significant amount, sold them and all was good. We came to order more to be told that we werent the dealer anymore and the other place had taken them back, they had a small amount in stock just to push us back out ( both the rep and the dealer were to blame in my opinion as the rep used us a leverage to get back in).
    We've had a distributor blank us because the other place threatened to close their account (and they have quite a large account),and finally we had a rep call to say he would deal with us but to keep it quiet and only do small orders so as to not incur the wrath of the other mob.
    There are a lot of brands that this shop "stock" according to brand websites but the address listed is'nt a shop its an unmarked warehouse on the outskirts that you can't visit.
    And i'm not going to name them as I dont want to start a shop fight 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Spev – you have mail.

spev

cheers Brant,sent a reply

pipedream
    Free Member

Rocky Mountain Cycles in Llantrisant stock Ragley's i believe? Are you near them Chris?

spev

Rocky Mountain Cycles are about 25-30 miles away , we are about 10-15 miles from Afan and have Gower on our doorstep (and some of the best dirt jumps in the area nearby)

pipedream
    Free Member

Caerphilly then 😉

I'm local to Rocky Mountain but don't shop there much. I usually travel into Cardiff for my LBS.

mooman
    Free Member

RockymountainCycles customer service has improved since they got shot of the annoying little ginger-haired shop assistant. Maybe give them another go?

jonjones13
    Free Member

He's in Swansea – I think I know the two shops, but I'm not mentioning names !

mooman
    Free Member

In no RUSH to know anyways 😉

spev

ah yes i'm in swansea 🙂

cant complain though, theres plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.
    Anybody wanting to ride in the evenings let me know as the night rides are starting on either wednesdays or mondays(we are a bit slack on organising rides but get in touch anyway)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ragley frames in South Wales :)’ is closed to new replies.