Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Racks with spring clamp – why?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Useful for carrying a paper home from the shop (which I once did as a kid), but really – what else? Anyone used one practically? Just curious, as they still make them. Not agonising over a shopping decision or anything 🙂

bodgy
    Free Member

It’s a trap for catching bike mice.

mtbfix

It’s a trap for catching fingers more like.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

We used to use them for those throw over pannier bags.

Not seen any throw over pannier bags for 20 odd years

thenorthwind

Agreed, useless.

We used to use them for those throw over pannier bags.

Wondered if there was something like that that existed (two panniers connected with a piece of fabric presumably) but never seen one. Coz I’m so young init.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Used one for school to clamp me old Adidas bag to the rack.

There was a certain skill to riding past your mates and flipping the bags off their rack on the lunchtime race home…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wondered if there was something like that that existed (two panniers connected with a piece of fabric presumably) but never seen one. Coz I’m so young init.

Tends to be anything cheap.

Actually really practical as you then don’t have to bother with 2 bags (complete with hard plastic jangly bits which clatter as you try and walk with your oversized bags in cycling shoes, just lift up the spring, and there’s a handle in the middle of the panniers.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Giant-City-Pannier-Bag_70711.htm?sku=217979&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=CPLD4rXghM0CFQoTGwod0ikO2A

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Racks with spring clamp – why?’ is closed to new replies.