Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • RaceFace Deus vs XT…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Anyone used the newer RF Deus crankset? How does it compare to XT?

loddrik
    Free Member

Lighter, stiffer and much blingier.

andrewh
    Free Member

RF Next is excellent, as is warrenty back up.
    BB is rubbish, Shimano much better.
    Mix and match.

DT78
    Free Member

The next is out of my price range! I thought the BB’s for RF were different to shimano? Smaller on one side like the truvativ ones?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

If you can wait a short while, Deus is being replaced by a reincarnation of turbine in 2*10 and 3*10. I’m chopping my XT for a set of these 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

andrewh
    Free Member

I’m sure the BBs are the same size.
    I’ve got press-fit XTR bearings in my frame and they work fine with the Next cranks.
    Truvative BBs are by the far the worst though, and their cranks won’t work with others, tried to get Chris Bling for my GF but chance, she’s stuck with the GXP and it’s auful. Shame, becuase the crans aren’t bad.

chakaping
    Free Member

How new is newer?

I’ve got ’07 and they are more of a faff to fit, but seem stiffer than XT and about the same weight (or a bit lighter?).

Rings last ten million times longer too.

Selling mine if interested in s/h.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Almost everyone I know who’s bought RaceFace x-type cranks has experienced early spline wear, myself included. I’ve seen two sets of Evolve XCs and a Deus die in less than eighteen months.

They might be blingier than Shimano, but I won’t be buying more RaceFace kit any time soon.

roblane65
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of 2010 RFdeus sl with the ti axle and new turbine BB, had no prods at all super light and just as stiff as the m770’s they replaced.

Alex

Set of Deus on my ST4. Stiff, light, look fab (although those new ones could replace my “old” SQ. taper turbines on the HT). No issues at all, but only done 500k so far. I bought a set off CRC when they were on offer, so same price as XT’s,

Think the BB’s now are now better sealed have Phil Wood Grease in them?

Pimpary by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘RaceFace Deus vs XT…’ is closed to new replies.