Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • RaceFace Atlas AM crank, is it worth the money?
  • barkit
    Free Member

Hi everyone,

I’m planning to buy the RaceFace Atlas All Moutain crank. Looking at reviews some say that the bearings are rubbish and the crank arm is a bit of a pain to set up.

Most of those reviews are from few years back and I know the company had to face some financial issues since then.

However they appear to be back, and to have improved their stuff.
    So if any of you owns this crank (especially a recent one), could he/she tell me if there is anything to complain about?

I would also appreciate some feedback regarding their chainrings if possible 🙂

Finally, I also might be interested in using Rotor Q-rings on it but I’m not sure they would fit…

Thanks!

Rorschach
    Free Member

For this money crc …yes.

Northwind

The raceface bearings were absolute gash last time I used them, but Shimano is fully compatible so that’s OK. That’s a good CRC price.

cb

The crc price is a steal!! They have good prices on Dues as well – tho maybe doubles.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I got some deus for £99!! Not killed em yet.

old_mtber
    Free Member

RF cranks are easy to set up and you can adjust the chainline a bit either way. The rings are far superior to Shimano and last well with replacements easy to obtain. The older Atlas crank is a bit heavy by some standards but is absolutely bomb proof and will take loads of abuse. RF bb’s used to be a bit iffy but have improved somewhat – just use it until it gives up the replace with a Hope. To my mind the only downside is the torque needed to instal in the first place; but they are absolutely secure once in place and no worries about over tightening Shimano bolts or bearings!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘RaceFace Atlas AM crank, is it worth the money?’ is closed to new replies.