Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Quickie for iPad owners
  • leffeboy

quick question that is. Have any of you got the WiFi only version and regretted not getting 3G for any reason? Just wondering if it is worth the extra?

ta

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

I have wifi only, and I also have 3mifi dondle which is really good and can be used iPad or laptop, you can’t share the ipads Internet to a laptop at the moment, so in my opinion it would be a was of money for me. The miff only costs me 15 quid a month or sum mat like that and is only the size of a small phone.

leffeboy

dmetcalfe – interesting idea. I’ll take a look tx.

trout
    Free Member

I got the wifi 3 g one and it is great .

3 do a 10 gigabyte deal for £15 a month and you can quit anytime .
    http://www.three.co.uk/Mobile_Broadband/iPad_data_plans?id=1184&iPad

chrispy

I got a wifi model and havn’t missed 3G at all as most the time you can download stuff to read before you head out. For example I download the newspapers whilst having breakfast to read later in the day. Alternativly, if you have a jail broken iPhone you can tether it to the iPad for free. A bit cheeky but if you don’t download loads I’m not sure the phone operator would know.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

if you’ve got an Android phone running version 2.2, you can use that as a hotspot instead of a mifi.

leffeboy

hmmm. The answers here seem to be that having some way of getting data access is quite useful as folks are carrying it around rather than leaving it in the bog to read back copies of STW

CaptJon
    Free Member

Anyone miss GPS?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Quickie for iPad owners’ is closed to new replies.