Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Quick thoughts on new car….
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Right – currently test driving an L200, not sure if it fits on my parking space.

IMG_0819 by Rob Sutherland, on Flickr

Is that okay would you say, or is the overhang too much into the lane?

Ta

organic355
    Free Member

I wouldnt call that a car, and it looks like it overhangs the double yellow lines, so I am guessing, legally, your not in the space.

iDave
    Free Member

park at an angle

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Stick an orange flashing light on it and park it anywhere

the-muffin-man

not sure if it fits on my parking space.

That’ll be a no!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Yeah – that was my thought… looks like it is back to the drawing board! They used to do a shorter version which would have been fine!

Still, they don’t want it back for a few hours yet so a wee drive around the Lakes I think!

molgrips
    Free Member

Big no. Stupid vehicle for all but a narrow range of applications.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It fits my narrow range of applications molgrips, the absolute only reason I was considering it.

hora
    Free Member

If I drove one of those I’d be like a 90yr old on the rampage 😯

molgrips – Member
    Big no. Stupid vehicle for all but a narrow range of applications.

Didn’t take long did it.

What about if someone just ‘wants’ one?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

To be fair my Suzuki Grand Vitara is a better drive, but not ideal for the amount of stuff I need to lug around over fields.

May have to look at some of the bigger soft roaders (Hyundai Santa Fe is getting good reports, and should have about enough 4×4 ability to get me down farm tracks and over the occasional bit of field).

Shame really – the tax on this was a lot kinder! But needs to be a family car too so can’t get away with anything like a Defender 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

I reckon there’s enough give in that garage door for it to fit in the space.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Lol – that is touching as it is 😉 Reverse until you hear the crunch technique!

If I could buy the other 3 garages in that row then things would be grand, but they aren’t for sale and at £15k a pop…. (garages are in very short supply in these parts, and parking is a nightmare, so they attract a premium!)

molgrips
    Free Member

What about if someone just ‘wants’ one?

Doesn’t make it any less appropriate 🙂

Wanting things has got the whole world in a lot of trouble. I’m as guilty as anyone else.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Quick thoughts on new car….’ is closed to new replies.