Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Quick tablet question
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Do Android tablets let you transfer files, (photos, docs, etc), via Windows Explorer?

My dad wants a tablet of some kind and doesn’t have any Apple products thus I have a hard time recommeding an iPad as everything needs to go via iTunes.

Cougar

Yes.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Yes

Connects just like any USB drive. Drag and drop. Done.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes, they do. One of many reasons I bought my father a Samsung tablet recently. He loves it.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Thanks to all.

Any suggestions on a “good” one? Nexus 7 or 10 for instance.

Drac

Yes.

I have a hard time recommeding an iPad as everything needs to go via iTunes.

No not really.

toys19
    Free Member

or wifi my samsung galaxy tab2 10.1 uses file maager hd to wirelessly stream any video file from my nas box so the kids watch their fave stuff I have saved in bed with me on sat morns. excellent kit. Doing the same with the ipad is like pulling teeth.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TSC, father has a big Samsung, and I have a small one. Both are very impressive. Am going to replace my old Xoom with a full sized one if I can get one duty free at the weekend!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have a hard time recommeding an iPad as everything needs to go via iTunes.

Dropbox?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Dropbox. Intersting, how can I then decide the location on my iPad to save the file too?

I have one for work purposes but have zero Apple experience.

toys19
    Free Member

how can I then decide the location on my iPad to save the file too?

This is just a source of continuing frustration with our ipad.

dropbox works great ont he samsung, it only stores a small percentage of the stuff on it, but you can just export to any file location you want.

chvck
    Free Member

Haven’t tried any tablets other than nexus 7 and iPad but I’d go for a nexus 7 or 10. I generally just use the iPad for watching stuff on now and use my nexus 4 for browsing, chatting etc…

RichPenny
    Free Member

Toys19, I use air player to stream from a NAS to an ipad, have you tried that?

toys19
    Free Member

airplayer is it dnla? Total bollocks only plays limtied formats. Thats the issue with the ipad, only plays limtied formats..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Quick tablet question’ is closed to new replies.