Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • Films that do nothing for you.
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’m struggling to see the point in this thread.

Pigface
    Free Member

I’m struggling to understand some of the choices on this thread 😆

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m struggling to understand some of the choices on this thread

That too.

Flaperon

Avengers.
    Donnie Darko.

duirdh
    Free Member

Harry Potter = St Trinians + wizardry – Pedophilia

tazzymtb

boogie nights
    mama mia
    tarantino stuff
    any james bond film
    saw films and that whole voyeuristic torture horror genre
    all jingositic american films (so about 80% of anything ever to come from that land of god bothering, gun toting, ignorant, red neck, hicks) 😀

kilo

+1 for Lost in Translation and I would like to add Into the Wild, 2 and half hours of my life wasted

andypaul99
    Free Member

Lost in translation. Utter tosh

ohnohesback
    Free Member

These days, all of them. Just seeing the hype about some of the films, and the audiences that routinely go and see them, (especially the sequels) makes me fear for the future…

patriotpro
    Free Member

I struggle to see the point of most threads but, I think this one is quite interesting though, especially the blade runner nominations, especially when you’re led to believe it’s the next best thing to sliced
    bread on other film threads. Still gonna give the final cut a go tho.
    Another nomination is all the bond
    films in the last 20 or so years.

mikey74
    Free Member

I struggle to see the point of most threads but, I think this one is quite interesting though, especially the blade runner nominations, especially when you’re led to believe it’s the next best thing to sliced
    bread on other film threads. Still gonna give the final cut a go tho.
    Another nomination is all the books films in the last 20 or so years.

No, no it’s not: This is still a tiny tiny sample of the world’s film fans and obviously only attracts those with bad things to say. What about the millions of people who love the films mentioned here?

Again: Pointless thread.

RustySpanner

Platoon. In fact, anything by Oliver Stone, with the possible exception of Salvador.
    Top Gun/Days of Thunder etc.
    Aliens.
    Point Break.
    All the Matrix films.
    All the Saw films.
    Nightmare on Elm Street – one of the worst films I’ve ever seen:
    Halloween is a perfect example of how to make a horror film.
    Elm Street is a perfect example of how not too.
    Poltergeist.
    The Fast and the Furious.

Again: Pointless thread.

Nah, all just opinion. No one’s opinion is more valid than anyone elses.
    Good fun though – some of my favourite films are up there.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Anchorman

Very mildly ammusing in a few parts the first time, I have freinds who will happily watch it repeatedly…the reasoning escapes me.

willard

Just about any really gory horror film. Apart from Bad Taste and Peter Jackson’s other earlier works. Those are funny.

Most rom-coms.

MSP

Anchorman works much better seen as a series of 2 min sketches on youtube, than when its all put together as a film.

thered

SoccerDog – European edition

fourbanger
    Free Member

I know dissing clasic films makes you next level awesome, but can the haters explain why Bladerunner is being nominated?

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Absolutely loved Bladerunner when I was younger.
    Find it poor in most apects now.

crazy-legs

I’m struggling to see the point in this thread

No more or less pointless than most of the stuff posted on here!
    I read it not as ‘films you think are crap’ but films that don’t live up to their hype or their supposed place in history. Top Gun, to quote one example someone gave… That’s a cheesy/naff film, always has been. But it’s deserving of its place in history for launching Tom Cruise to super-stardom and for some of the (at the time, groundbreaking) filmwork on the flying sequences.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I find it interesting to see what people think, especially of films that are widely regarded as ‘good’ films. Most people I know love top gun. I think it’s rubbish. Just my opinion. Doesn’t make it any more or less valid than the people who love it.
    I’m surprised by a fair few if the choices that have been said. Particularly shawshank. Not the best film ever but I think it is a really good film.
    But as always, if you don’t like or see the point in a thread you don’t have to post on it. I find a lot of threads pointless so don’t post in them. Easy.

grum
    Free Member

No Country For Old Men. Usually love Coen brothers films too.
    Les Miserables – bobbins.

2001, Bladerunner and Apocalypse Now all have great elements but are pretty flawed.

+1 for Hurt Locker. Used to love Star Wars too but having rewatched recently I thought they were pretty poor.

tartanscarf

I didn’t enjoy Bladerunner which is why I nominated it. It didn’t do anything for me, I didn’t enjoy the acting, story or set. Doesn’t mean it’s a terrible film just that I didn’t enjoy it. I was bored watching it. I did watch it twice just in case but was even more bored the second time.

TS
    PS I don’t feel next level awesome. I feel normal, like I normally do.

Euro
    Free Member

Black Swan and The Kings Speech. Really can’t see what all the fuss was about. Utterly bored after 20 mins and it lasted right to the end.

Has the guy who doesn’t like Jet Li movies seen Hero?

sweepy
    Free Member

The Mrs dragged me along to see a film called the reader once, I think it won oscars and all kinds but christ it was boring.
    And if id suggested seeing a film with that many tits in it i’d have got a slap.

muzzle
    Free Member

The Green Mile and The Royal Tenenbaums… overrated twaddle.

loum
    Free Member

All three of the latest batman series.
    Especially the middle one with the crap joker – not a patch on Jack Nicholson. Even Arnie made a better batman villain.
    They prove the correlation between hype and shite.

ross980
    Free Member

I half expect a flaming for this, but:
    Fear and loathing in Las Vegas

CaptJon
    Free Member

Star Wars – i love the idea of Star Wars, i enjoy the computer games, i’ve got the lego, but i can’t sit through any of the films without switching over.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Thanks TS. Just wondering like!

tartanscarf

Happy to be of service 🙂

mightymule
    Free Member

I’ve tried to watch Bladerunner about 8 times, and fallen asleep after the first twenty minutes on every occasion. Therefore I can’t say whether it’s any good or not, but it’s certainly never managed to grab my attention.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

TBH, most of the films being dissed here are among my favourites.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Me too.

athgray
    Free Member

I have to say Gladiator for the reason that I have rarely seen such a good film that manages to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory, due to the quality or lack thereof of it’s ending.

patriotpro
    Free Member

@ mikey74 it’s that pointless that you keep coming back to it. Were you in the Muppets…

Hills Have Eyes 2 was a major disappointment to a brilliant prequel.

mikey74
    Free Member

@ mikey74 it’s that pointless that you keep coming back to it. We’re you in the Muppets…

It’s amazing how captivating pointlessness can be. However, my point stands: Many threads can be helpful, interesting, sad, happy, educational. This thread is just….. pointless.

patriotpro
    Free Member

And your point is…

samuri
    Free Member

Aye, as others have said, some of the classic films that are regularly acclaimed don’t do an awful lot for me. It’s pointless responding that from your perspective those films are great, it’s a personal thing.

The ones for me that I simply don’t get are

The Big Lebowski
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind (yes, I know it’s clever and it’s not that difficult to understand, I just don’t think it’s a good film)

And, I’m going to get lynched for this one but, Withnail and I.

wallace1492
    Free Member

It always amazes me how different people have different perceptions about films. Keeps us all individual. Most of the above I like or at least don’t dislike.

One of the only ones I never “got” was Twin Peaks.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Another Wtf film was Rec 2. I actually liked the format but it didn’t work for me for some reason.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Films that do nothing for you.’ is closed to new replies.