Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quick roofbox question.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

These roof boxes for the car. Are there any limits regarding car size and box size? Will my little Peugeot 206 be OK with one of the largest (600L I think)ones?

looneylunn
    Free Member

You need to consider the length more than the width. You need to make sure that the tailgate/hatch can open without hitting the box and there is not too much overhang over the front. Also make sure that the front roofbar is not too far from the front of the box otherwise it is likely to lift at high speed. Basically I would go for a short fat one but it’s best to try it on the car before you buy it. Hope this helps.

Steve

donsimon
    Free Member

Also make sure that the front roofbar is not too far from the front of the box otherwise it is likely to lift at high speed

That was the sort of thing I was looking for, cheers. High speed might not be an issue though. 😆

totalshell

get a long thin one. only put stuff in it you will use on holiday we use ours for the picnic rug chairs etc you can get them easy when you stop without turfing everything else out of the car plus they didnt cost a fortune if they get robbed

uplink
    Free Member

This lot are probably the most helpful people in the world [well maybe not]

They will give you all the advice you need without trying to push a sale

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheers uplink, they’re unlikely to get a sale though.

simon_g

There will be a roof load limit for your car – check in the manual (75kg is pretty typical). Remember the weight of the bars and box themselves.

Best used for bulky but light things – keep the heavy stuff in the boot.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Just check the weight limit for the box so it doesn’t void your insurance etc.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I quite like the longer ones that bunch up a bit if you need them to. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Quick roofbox question.’ is closed to new replies.