Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Quick recovery
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’m going to do two rides this weekend that will push me to climb further than I’ve done before on both days and ride a lot further than I have before on one of the days

Anyway other than the obvious (fluids, some protein and carbs after the ride, pasta for dinner to refuel), anything I can do to make sure I wake up feeling like I can ride on the 2nd day?

druidh
    Free Member

Mild stretches/warm-down after the first days riding.

Go for a wee walk around in the evening/after dinner.

Sleep with your feet raised.

Compression tights.

njee20
    Free Member

EPO

rewski
    Free Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edit: sorry I mean sleep, not being rude and yawning, avoid post ride beers 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

A good stretch.
    Feet up in front of the telly.
    Loads of sleep.

njee20
    Free Member

Clenbuterol?

Northwind

I find compression tights make me feel better in the morning, but, my legs are actually still just as ******- they just don’t feel orrible and tired but they still don’t pedal too well!

MrGreedy

Recovery starts in the last hour of your ride – make sure you eat and drink plenty on day one. Compression tights help, maybe a once over with a foam roller too. One protein shake immediately after the ride and then another shortly before bed seemed to work well on a recent JOGLE.

njee20
    Free Member

Nandrolone?

I’m done now.

I do find that a quick self massage can help, rub towards the torso, nice and firm. Keep feet up, minimise activity, Northwind +1 on compression tights. Eat well (not necessarily lots, but well).

kiwifiz
    Free Member

I do find that a quick self massage can help, rub towards the torso, nice and firm.

now there’s some frank advice….but don’t forget the box of tissues….

tomd
    Free Member

Also make sure you fuel yourself up well on the Thursday / Friday before the ride. Loads of good quality carbs. It can be easy (especially if driving on the Friday night) to skip dinner or have motor way slag instead of good food. Avoid beer also.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Quick recovery’ is closed to new replies.