• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quick Question re; Disc Brakes
  • monksie
    Free Member

When selling and indeed purchasing disc brakes, purchasing 2nd hand or new from a shop, are the bolts that fix the calipers and brackets if required usually included or does everybody keep there own respect bolts?
    I’m a ‘bit fick’ when it comes to buying and selling disc brakes.
    Thank you.

soobalias
    Free Member

i expect brakesets/calipers to come with the bolts
    adapters, if purchased separately less likely

buying second hand, best to ask, selling second hand best to say up front.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Second hand it depends on the seller completely. If I was selling my brakes I would not usually include the adaptor and adaptor bolts but would include the caliper bolts. But I would ensure my advert was clear on what you were and were not getting.

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you. I didn’t want to send mine with the bolts and then when I buy the replacments be stuck without a means of fitting them.
    My brakes are being sold with the adaptors included and I’m pretty certain there’ll be a period inbetween before I can buy replacement disc brakes. Purely down to the logistics of sending mine off and sourcing new.
    Are these bolts easy to come by, would you think? Just in case I’m stuck without.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Bolts are fairly easy to come by. I have a pair of them in my pocket right now from a bike I built this morning that had spares in the parts box. So I would expect most LBS to have some they could provide for a small fee.

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you all. I’m suitably reassured and I shall send everything to the purchaser, happy in the knowledge I’ll be able to get anything I might be missing from the local supplier of all things bicycle.

cynic-al
    Free Member

std M5 bolt will do.

monksie
    Free Member

Even better, thank you cynic-al. B&Q will do if the bike shop can’t

nbt

If you;re stuck Steve I’ve a few M5s knocking around the toolbox. Yiou knwo where we live

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Quick Question re; Disc Brakes’ is closed to new replies.