Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Quick Pro II Question.
  • Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’m just servicing my very worse for wear Pro 2s and can’t manage to get the freehub body off – I’ve taken the spacers off either end, but the freehub body won’t seem to shift at all. Any top tips? I know it should be pretty easy…

Cheers.

Ringo
    Free Member

It’s Probly siezed just whack it or put it in a vice and yank the wheel off that’s what i did or just buy some American classics and put it down to experience 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

The bearings have a nasty habit of seizing onto the axle.Find something that will protect the end of the axle and ‘it it wit ‘ammer.It’ll drift out the non driveside bearing at the same time (no bad thing if it is as bugger’d as you say) and will break the bond between freehub and axle.It should come off easily then.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Can you not just hit the axle with a hammer from the non-driver side (i.e. disc side)? Should push it all out on the drive side and then you can use a screwdriver/ vice combo to get the freehub off the axle? Doing it this way would leave the non-drive bearing in the hub but that should come out either using the axle once the freehub is off the axle? (think this is what rorschach has said)

I think this is alright, but I am trying to picture it in my head. It is not a new problem though, so there must be someone on here who has got around it? Just put a new axle in mine to convert over to 12mm bolt through and it was a joy putting it back together instead of the pain taking it apart! Good videos online for putting them back together

Northwind

You can bash out the axle from the other side, no bother, though you’ll be left with all the bits still stuck together which isn’t ideal.

My approach with sticky ones… Get a big cassette cog from a cheap cassette (ie, just one cog) and fit it. Then stick the wheel (with tyre on) on blocks of wood, and stand on the tyre. Then squat, and pull- you can lift with your whole leg strength, if that doesn’t shift it you’ll need dynamite. Just make sure you don’t fall over when it comes loose!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Its how I’ve been doing it for the last 7 years I’ve been a professional mechanic…. 😕

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Quick Pro II Question.’ is closed to new replies.