Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Quick poll – Sophie Ellis Bextor
  • SiB
    Free Member

She’s got a face I wouldn’t get tired of looking at (in a good way), she’s very pleasant on the eye IMO

Oh ffs, she has a wierd looking face, but is still quite pretty.

Call me a fat ugly bald b***ard and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

Stop being precious.

dlr

She is and always has been stunning although did get too thin for a while and has dodgy tatooe on her arm, think its her sons name or something…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member

Okay, okay TJ. No I wouldn’t say it to her face. And I shouldn’t have used the word “weird” in regard to her looks. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

You didn’t offend me. Takes a lot more than that.

I just point out your hypocrisy and I do not like the attitude that says as you do that peoples value is in their looks.

You do start a few threads commenting on female celebs looks. are you 12?

bigbloke
    Free Member

She iz well fit innit 😀 …..seriously always liked her

molgrips
    Free Member

Call me a fat ugly bald b***ard and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

Doesn’t mean it’s true for everyone, does it?

binners

Speak for yourself. He’s just described me perfectly. I’m actually quite flattered

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I am not fat.
    I am not ugly.
    I am not bald.

I am, however, a bastard*.

If somebody called me a fat,ugly bald bastard, I would laugh in their face because they would be 75% wrong.

(*According to the standard dictionary definition re parental marital status at time of birth)

derek_starship
    Free Member

Blimey – that is an uncannily accurate description of binners. Do you have a long-lost twin?

You do start a few threads commenting on female celebs looks. are you 12?

No – I’m 42. Female celeb’s are part of our lives TJ – am I not allowed to be interested in them? Just FYI I am also interested in

Ornithology
    Meterology
    Medicine
    Power greneration
    Railways

And I think I have posted about all of these before now. I post a thread about an attractive female and get called an immature hypocrite. You need to loosen your laces man.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I am not ugly.

opinions vary on that 🙂

stumpy01

I just point out your hypocrisy and I do not like the attitude that says as you do that peoples value is in their looks.

Isn’t some people’s value in their looks though??

Some people are naturally sporty/athletic…
    Some people are naturally brainy/academic….
    Some people have an excellent grasp of language…
    Some people aren’t scared of stuff…

Some people have great looks/ are physically attractive…

Do looks mean nothing? Is an attractive person who uses their looks to forge a career (or whatever), less of a person than an ugly person with a massive intellect who uses their brain to forge a career…..??

Is it wrong of someone to listen to SEB’s music and say “don’t really like it”, but happily look at a photo of her being attractive? She is a model as well as a singer/songwriter & DJ, so she must appreciate the value of her looks??

Hmmm, just thinking out loud, really.

bigyinn
    Free Member

KungFuPanda
    Free Member

Apparently ‘she’ is actually David Coulthard, with a beaver and small rack.

Confirmation of this – you never see them together.

derek_starship
    Free Member

KFP has killed the thread.

Well done you 🙄

monkey_boy
    Free Member

+ stunning

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

opinions vary on that

Onions do not necessarily equal facts, Barnes.

Do looks mean nothing? Is an attractive person who uses their looks to forge a career (or whatever), less of a person than an ugly person with a massive intellect who uses their brain to forge a career…..??

Mylene Klass is a very highly talented musician, who happens to be extremely pretty. She is also very highly intelligent, and has used the resources available to her to further enhance her own career. This has involved her being part of a crappy manufactured pop baynd, but out of that group, she has progressed far more than the others, as she has genuine talent and a brain in her head.

Would she have bin as successful if she weren’t considered so beautiful? Probbly not, such is the shallow, materialistic nature of our society.

Would Derek Starbelly have got more sympathy if he was a pretty, nubile young woman? Undoubtedly. Does he deserve less sympathy because he isn’t a pretty nubile young woman? No, surely he should be treated equally?

But equally; if he objectifies other people, then he also should expect to be objectified. In Miss Ellis-Bextor’s case, she is the object of sexual fantasy and desire. In Derek Starbelly’s case, he was the object of ridicule and abuse. That’s not really fair though, is it? He has feelings and emotions the same as anyone else. And what if Miss E-B doesn’t want fat bald ugly middle-aged bastards lusting after her? I’m sure I woon’t be comfortable with such a thought. 🙁

Oh Whell.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m sure I woon’t be comfortable with such a thought

Oh shut up you tart.. you flippin LOVE it..

emsz
    Free Member

Compliments from complete strangers are weird ( sorry, I find it weird). The whole “I’d do her/ bash her doors in” etc thing is just a bit icky.

Best keep it to yourself.

kudos100
    Free Member

not my cup of tea, but if she came knocking at my door i’d still offer her one. a cup of tea that is.

Bunnyhop

I’m a woman and I think she’s beautiful.

trailmonkey

Oh shut up you tart.. you flippin LOVE it..

Posted 1 minute ago

how did you post that from the middle of the princetown ride ?

I’m a woman and I think she’s beautiful.

how dare you objectify this person you sexist beast – tj, tell her off like you do everyone else.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Oh Janey bobs – you are a love 😀

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Mylene Klass … Would she have bin as successful if she weren’t considered so beautiful?

The shower scenes in that celebrity in the jungle show would certainly not have been so good 😥

molgrips
    Free Member

Compliments from strangers are weird, yes. But I think this is different. Any given person will be considered attractive or not by some people, so I think it can be objectively discussed.

I don’t think we’re debating the young lady’s value in terms of her looks. Everyone has looks – I think it’s ok to discuss how someone looks in an abstract context such as this. If she were a forum user that’d be different.

The whole “I’d do her/ bash her doors in” etc thing is just a bit icky

Yeah.. machismo.. even if it’s joking it’s in pretty poor taste given historical precedent in gender relations…

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The whole “I’d do her/ bash her doors in” etc thing is just a bit icky.

And just a little sad and desperate.

Worse, is when guys say, usually after I’ve just criticised a female member of staff, “Yeah, but you would though wouldn’t you?”. Ummm, no, why on earth would you think I would? I find it incredibly sad (for them).

KungFuPanda
    Free Member

Worse, is when guys say, usually after I’ve just criticised a female member of staff, “Yeah, but you would though wouldn’t you?”. Ummm, no, why on earth would you think I would? I find it incredibly sad (for them).

Was that a deliberate ‘coming out’ or a freudian slip type declaration of chutney ferretness?

trailmonkey

*coffee/screen interface*

Mattie_H
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member
    KFP has killed the thread.

Well done you

But that’s where the kind of post that you started here always ends. Take some responsibility…

Mattie_H
    Free Member

KungFuPanda – Member
    Was that a deliberate ‘coming out’ or a freudian slip type declaration of chutney ferretness?

So you do cover the whole gamut from misogyny to homophobia then… And here was I thinking your ignorance was limited in its scope.

Merlinman

I think we’ve seen enough – many of you need to examine your unacceptable attitudes.

Closing this now.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Quick poll – Sophie Ellis Bextor’ is closed to new replies.