Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Questions for coiler/coilair and fifth element owners…
  • squattingmouse
    Free Member

Some questions….

1) Having taken the shock out of new (to me ) frame I have found the lower shock bolt to be bent and the lower bushings knackered. Is it normal for the top bushings on a fifth element shock to have some lateral float? I know some bushings do ‘settle’ but am finding this a bit weird.

2) If there are any coiler owners who aren’t too modest can you give me your weight and spring weight please? I think my 94kg pie enhanced bulk requires a 600lb spring but am not sure.

3) Finally if anyone is using a fifth element on a coiler/coilair or similar bike what air pressure are you running? I’m close to just sending if to TF tuned but am trying to save the pennies.

Thanks for any help

Suggsey
    Free Member

Yes mate I own a Coiler, no embarrassment here, I am around 115 kilos and had to have the biggest spring going which was an 800lb one and was only available from the Fox importer-Mojo? (I cant remember to be honest)
    If you go on TF tuned website of indeed Mojo they have spring weight calculators that work off your weight. If you did go for an 800lb spring there would be minimal preload to be applied (I only have a few turns)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Questions for coiler/coilair and fifth element owners…’ is closed to new replies.