Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Question on Classified etiquette – bought faulty wheels
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

we should be naming and shaming the LBS mechaniche’s the one who caused all this nonsense

roblane65
    Free Member

Right a few points to set straight and it’s the end of it as far as I’m concerned.
    1)yes it was a brand new f/hub I bought from crc as lbs couldn’t get hold of one cost £30
    2)lbs charge was £18 for fitting f/hub and re spoking r/wheel = £48.
    3)f/wheel already had new bearings fitted.
    4) springs and pawls are a separate kit to the f/hub body.
    the only test I gave the wheels was by hand.
    I am extremely peed of with this whole thread and I suppose it’s at least given the stone throwers someting to get thier teeth into.
    And yes I do feel in some ways to be being badgered into paying Deew something,which against my better judgement I will.
    some people seem not to be able to see what they have got and only see what they think they’ve been ripped for.
    recap. wheels £92.50 f/hub £30 lbs£18 f/bearins £16 post£13 = £77.
    into my pocket £16.50 and he wants £15 back for spring and pawls.
    I know what I sold the wheels for was my decision and I dropped the asking for him.

I do not buy parts or bikes to sell on. I am a serial upgrader and can’t help myself,and if I do pass someting on it’s usually at a loss.I have sold some very nice parts to some very nice nearly all of which have been on a bike of mine at one point or another. I have myself have been ripped a few times on ST and other forum’s thankfully never for much and have always stuck by buyer/beware and a shrug of the shoulders.But I don’t think it’s the case in this instance’
    Thanks for some of the positive/sensible posts and the rest,well !!!!
    and btw I’m not just a classified dweller.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

stand your ground fella, no need to pay anything?! 🙂

roblane65
    Free Member

thanks for the support mate 🙂

slowoldgit
    Free Member

*Reminds himself only ever to buy and sell among mates, for peanuts and beer*

roblane65
    Free Member

Or get a full engineers report and underwritten by loydds. 😀
    will be posting some stuff up tonight if anyone wants ripped off !

slowoldgit
    Free Member

‘only ever’

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Question on Classified etiquette – bought faulty wheels’ is closed to new replies.