Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Question for the Madison Addict shorts owners.
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Just about to hit the buy button on some Madison Addict shorts but looking at the few pics online they do look on the short side.

Can anyone tell me how long they are say compared to Hummvees or if they are shorter than the usual stuff?

Cheers.

blahblahblah
    Free Member

Seem normal to me they come to the top strap of my knee pads. Medium shorts, 5’8″ & 30″ leg.

Great shorts IMO. Mine have worn very well over the summer.

devash
    Free Member

Seem ok size-wise to me. Definitely more of a summer short though.

TimP
    Free Member

Length wise they are pretty much spot on. A touch shorter than my old hummvee. Also surprisingly hard wearing despite how they feel. I have had 2 road crashes in mine causing extensive road rash and bruising but no obvious damage to the material or zips

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks, what’s the sizing like? Normally wear padded shorts underneath so them being a bit thin shouldn’t be an issue.

devash
    Free Member

I’m 6ft, 40″ chest, 32″ waist and size medium fits me perfectly. I wear liners under mine and there’s loads of room without being baggy.

They have adjustable elastic waists so you can dial in the fit to your liking. I’d say a size medium would be good for 32-34″. I had to size up to large with my Humvees.

They’re great shorts, can’t recommend them enough!

TimP
    Free Member

I went medium and have a 32″ ish waist and they are fine. They have loads of velcro adjustment and pretty strong elastic too
    Just seen post above! I too was a large Humvee and def a medium Addict. I think they are just about perfect, except the hip pockets arent very deep, but that is a pretty minor issue

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Great stuff, thanks. Exactly what I needed.

I’m a large in Hummvees/32″ waist so will go for the medium. Found them for £44.99 here so just waiting for them to confirm if they have stock.

snakebite
    Free Member

The Madison stuff is great, well thought out and very durable, just ordered a pair of the 3/4 Roams for Winter commutes and the like.

devash
    Free Member

@bluearsedfly

I got mine from these guys on ebay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Madison-Mens-Addict-Baggy-Waterproof-Durable-Stretch-Ventilated-Cycle-MTB-Shorts-/351071139965

£42.49 with free delivery. They don’t have any black left in your size but I got the desert brown ones with the orange zippers and the colour is amazing.

kcal

I’m around a 30″, went for Small ands that’s spot on – much better fit than the Endura shorts I had before. The pocket zips seem to bunch out for me, different zip stitching o the Zenith possibly.

Great shorts. Got them from the LBS, not so cheap, but great service so I was happy to shell out for that. Especially for shorts.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks, just ordered some in brown via the link devash posted.

Surprised there isn’t more info about the web seeing as they seem pretty popular.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Question for the Madison Addict shorts owners.’ is closed to new replies.