Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Question about wing mirror (Ford Focus)
  • Duane…
    Free Member

OK, managed to smash up the glass on my driver side wing mirror (V1 Focus).
    Ive got it all back together (had to clip the backing back into the body, and then the actual mirror kinda clipped/pressed into the backing), but obviously its cracked.
    Will this work OK? Can it be fitted into the backing after the backing has been fitted to the body?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-1998-2004-RIGHT-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-007R_W0QQitemZ390153623035QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad6f7d5fb

Anyone know if this is just the backing (as pictured), just the glass (as described), or both?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-98-04-DOOR-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-R-H_W0QQitemZ200430621398QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2eaa9892d6

Ta, Duane 🙂

Duane…
    Free Member

Are the original mirrors self adhesive? Didnt seem it when I fitted it back in?

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, well I was reading this cos I changed the whole wing mirror on my Focus and to my surprise it was held onto the car door with one big bolt (behind that black panel).
    So anyway, not sure about the adhesive backing bit – why not send a question to the Ebay seller? Sellers of car bits are usually very helpful on the 'bay.
    Thats if you don't get a satisfactory answer here, like.

zaskar
    Free Member

Buy new glass from Halfrauds?

twang
    Free Member

To remove/replace just the glass, you have to push on the glass and slide it at the same time (2000 model)

mickasaki
    Free Member

Originals are NOT adhesive, that will be a cover glass that you stick over the old one. I bet that they are pretty cheap from fords anyway. You probably have heated mirrors aswell, so that wouldnt work if you just stick a glass over the old one.

Duane…
    Free Member

Thanks for replies.
    Pretty sure theyre not heated, no wires or anything on the backplate/body.

The self adhesive one, it says you can remove the broken glass and stick the new glass to the back plate.

Might get the Halfords one, just that its a bit more than the one on eBay (And I have to get to Halfords…)

fubar
    Free Member
    Duane…
    Free Member

Popped down to Halfords today, but the glass they sell is just the self adhesive stuff, you put it over the cracked mirror. But becuase my glass is so badly cracked/smashed, it wouldnt have stayed on. Wouldnt work without the original glass in the backplate either, as the plate is not a smooth surface.

How do the original glass fit into the backplate? is it just a press fit? And is the glass fitted after the backplate is clipped into the mirror body?

Ta, Duane.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Question about wing mirror (Ford Focus)’ is closed to new replies.