Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Question about the iDave diet
  • menothim
    Free Member

Sorry, this is a slightly geeky question … but how important are the legumes? I’ve been doing a version of the iDave diet without the legumes, and the results have been okay. I’m not super keen on legumes, but I wonder if they were included for a reason and if I’d get better results as a result of consuming them?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Probably not. If you arent getting great results then perhaps you are eating too much? Eating something extra ontop of this may not help

iDave
    Free Member

they’re very important for energy – it’s not a calorie restrictive diet.

if you’re not getting enough fat loss you may not be eating enough – there are loads of ways to have them. mashed butter beans with olive oil , garlic and mint for example is a great alternative to mashed potato. make lentil curry, mix them with scrambled eggs. use herbs and spices.

or stay a fatty

menothim
    Free Member

Not a fatty – just not yet ripped enough 🙂

Thanks iDave, I’ll see about including some. I had wondered if I was eating too little, but it’s just so counter-intuitive to eat more for fat loss when being force fed a diet of conventional wisdom by the media and the masses.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I found the diet worked a bit but only as much as me keeping my eating “sensible” in the first place does. I found it a bit of a pain to produce all the required meal types for work, but no pain no gain and all that. I did, however, use it to refresh my plate size and introduce me to some new foods.

iDave
    Free Member

it’s pretty effective for getting down to 12-14% fat, thereafter some juju is required.

molgrips
    Free Member

You’ll be pleased to know I seem to be visibly losing weight after starting riding in to work.. however I don’t have any scales 🙂

phil.w
    Free Member

iDave, have you read this? interested in your views.

iDave
    Free Member

Not read it Phil, no idea what it proposes but don’t think the subject requires an entire book.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’d be very wary about trying this diet, it could turn you into a cock..

molgrips
    Free Member

Maybe if Dave would call me we could discuss it 😉

iDave
    Free Member

you must have been weaned on it then soft lad….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

it could turn you into a cock..

I reckon the latter stages require you to start eating one.

phil.w
    Free Member

only just started it myself, it’s had some interesting stuff about optimal performance weight i.e. the balance between just being as light as possible and a weight thet alows you to compete to your maximum potential.

i’ll let you know how much is just fluff & page filling when i’ve finnished 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

it’s pretty effective for getting down to 12-14% fat, thereafter some juju is required.

IF and carb backloading anyone?

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.

I wonder if exercising hard in the morning then not replenishing carbs til the evening (ie riding to work) would produce a similar effect? Hard to say since that article is rather terse.

mavisto
    Free Member

Another quick question if I may.

Why is there no fruit on the iDave eating plan?

Is this due to the sugar and therefore carb content?

iDave, you have obviously done a lot of work researching this, do you have any recommende reading?

molgrips
    Free Member

Is this due to the sugar and therefore carb content?

I think so.

Bregante

iDave, you have obviously done a lot of work researching this, do you have any recommende reading?

iDave, have you read the 4 hr body book? If so how similar (or otherwise) is your plan? I started the 4 hr theory three weeks ago and have lost 11 lbs without experiencing any energy loss and without increasing the minimal amount of exercise I currently do! Pretty impressed so far……

iDave
    Free Member

I sent some info to the author of 4HB last year, which I believe was used – it’s an impressive book, I don’t go along with all of it, but I’m certainly not knocking it.

Bregante

which parts do you disagree with, or is that top secret? 😉

mavisto
    Free Member

iDave, If you don’t mind, I’d still like to know why fruit is not allowed? Most of the things I’ve read about low GI eating seems to think fruit is ok.

I also notice that whole milk has a lower GI than both skimmed and semi skimmed.

Keva
    Free Member

did you mean to write cook ?

Kev

molgrips
    Free Member

I also notice that whole milk has a lower GI than both skimmed and semi skimmed

Cos of the fat in it, takes longer to digest it all – AFAIK.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Question about the iDave diet’ is closed to new replies.