Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Question about K-Force MegaExo's on On-One Shop?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry another crank question. Just got them in the post – v pleased and quick delivery. I know the BB are are sealed as wooly jumper and have a Hope BB as back up when and If…

Anyway I am trying to place them Model and Year – Before I bought them I thought 2009 – Same cranks and rings as the 09' lights but with a std BB. Am I wrong. I think these were OEM – came boxed – but I think I can't find them on the FSA website or 'tinternet as tehy are OEM's. They also say 5th generation on teh non-drive crank arm. Photo:

Linky

solarider
    Free Member

They aren't as late as 2009 as the rings changed to black and there was a red and white stripe running off the crank arms onto the chainrings from 09 onwards.

Think they are a 2008, but still a great price for a great crank. The bbs aren't all that bad, but switch to a Hope when it is trashed.

LeeW

Is the weight quoted on the O-O website correct? 900g for a carbon chainset?

njee20
    Free Member

Someone on WW who bought them said they came in substantially heavier than claimed, but IIRC they claimed less than 900g at that time.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I'll weigh them this morning and let you kow 🙂 I was quoted 850g in another link so?

Yeh I think its the non-light vertsion of the 2008 K-Force megaexo – cheers 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Found it also on wiggle for a whole lot more 🙂 http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/FSA_K-Force_MegaExo_Triple_Chainset/5360018379/ Weight to Follow 🙂

LeeW

Ta chuck.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Whole Crankset, bolts, spacers and BB = 900g

BB on its own – 172g!!!

Hope BB – 109g 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Wow – Although this is 100g heavier than XTR and similar to the XT – HAVE you seen the price of XT/XTR chainrings !!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Question about K-Force MegaExo's on On-One Shop?’ is closed to new replies.