Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Quercus Trail, Whinlatter. Any good?
  • thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

I'm off up to the Lakes for a weekends walking and have managed to convince my Dad to get in a bit of biking. He's agreed but on the condition that it's something he won't struggle on.

We're staying pretty close to Whinlatter and I thought that the blue trail there might be appropriate for his level of ability. I've had a quick search on the web and it looks ok, but haven't managed to find a trail guide.

Anyone got any opinions on its suitability for a (becomming) elderly intermediate?

Thanks, TNS

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yep the blue is straightforward and not too much height gain. I recently took my novice mate round it on the hire bikes and he enjoyed it. He bleated a bit on the red routes but just walked a few sections and managed overall.

thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

Cheers Buzz

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

on its suitability for a (becomming) elderly intermediate?

how old ?

JaceFace
    Free Member

The blue trail is nice and easy but watch out for the rut as you leave the first wooded section and cross the fire road – I've seen a couple of people crash there! Just keep to the right and it'll be fine. There's a fantastic couple of linked berms about halfway round – they're huge and you can take them as fast as you dare. I'd recommend doing the south loop of the red if the blue goes well – the blue takes about 30 mins and the south loop about 45.

thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

how old ?

Late 50's, so not too old but getting there! 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Late 50's, so not too old but getting there!

same as me then :o) I reckon I only have another 20 years biking left in me 🙁

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Quercus = oak

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Quercus Trail, Whinlatter. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.