Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Queen Elizabeth Country Park (QECP) to host a Gravity Enduro
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Us band of merry volunteer shovel jockeys at QECP, known as the QECP Collective, will be hosting our own gravity enduro race on 21st July 2013! It is sure to be a banger with prizes including a holiday for two with Pure Mountains in Spain’s Sierra Nevada(http://www.puremountains.com/ ), a pair of Marzocchi forks, Dainese pads, Exempt Clothing T shirts and much more up for grabs. Chris Smith has already signed up for the race which will be held on brand new, purpose built singletrack.

QECP Is located a mile south of Petersfield, Hampshire. It takes about an hour from south London.

Put the date in your diary now and keep an eye out for when registration will open, as it is sure to be a popular event. In the mean time the Collective will be beavering away in secret, making the best race course possible while trying not to be washed away in the driving rain or being turned into a brass monkey.

All profits from the race will go towards improving and expanding the trail network at QECP. As with everything done so far, it is done for free, because of the love and passion we have for mountain biking and giving people fun trails to ride. So if you see one of us shovel jockeys around (most commonly found at our registered trading office of the Denmead Queen pub in Waterlooville) then feel free to buy as a beer and have a chat.

A big thank you to our sponsors for the race, Pure Mounatins, Windwave (Marzocchi and Dainese) and as always the amazing guys at Exempt Clothing. Your generosity continues to show why mountain biking has the best community in the world.

Viva la trail revolution!

If you can make the race it would be good, the money will be going back in to the local MTB trails. Keep in tutch with updates on:

http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk
    &
    http://www.facebook.com/qecptrailbuilding

DrP

I’m in…

DrP

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds great – this’ll be the first big event since the Tour of Britain races won’t it? (1996!)

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Shame, i’m local so would have done that but it’s the same weekend as the Mountain of Hell, which we’re staying on to do after the Mega.

scottfitz
    Free Member

this’ll be the first big event since the Tour of Britain races won’t it? (1996!)

All most, we are holding a Grass roots DH race on the 2nd June too!
    Info: http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/2012/11/back-in-the-game-2/

DezB
    Free Member

Cool! Although I couldn’t actually ride the dh course (on my rigid hardtail!) in ’96, so maybe I’ll leave that one to those like the DrP wiv mad skilz. 🙂

Gotama
    Free Member

Slightly off topic but….Had a look on the website and presume the enduro won’t just be laps of the single red trial so on that basis…….is the other non marked stuff relatively easy to come across for a new explorer or is it hidden behind the third bush to the left of the old oak impossible?

Just thinking it might make a nice change from the standard surrey hills thrash.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Cool! Although I couldn’t actually ride the dh course (on my rigid hardtail!) in ’96, so maybe I’ll leave that one to those like the DrP wiv mad skilz.

DH track/race should be Trail bike friendly with chick runs around all the harder bits. (I will let you know what its like when we build it)
    For the DH race there will be a £5 practice day on the sat, so if you don’t want to race you can still have a go on the track.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I will see if I can rustle up a couple of Big Bike Bash tickets as prizes for you. A very different event but we do have a real ale and live music festival as well as a lake jump and malt loaf eating competition so they should find something to do over the weekend

scottfitz
    Free Member

Just thinking it might make a nice change from the standard surrey hills thrash. [/quote]
    It will be 4 or 5 timed stages all over 1 mile long and with around 100m elevation drop and 3 to 6 mins long. 0% of the Red trail will be used. So 100% unmark tracks. Overall race distance is about 15miles to 25miles.
    None of that is confirmed yet but it will be along thoughts lines.

The rce lines won’t be ridable till race day but if you want a tour round QE let me know i am happey to show anyone round (If it’s winter it will be muddy, rooty, fun etc..)

scottfitz
    Free Member

I will see if I can rustle up a couple of Big Bike Bash tickets as prizes for you. A very different event but we do have a real ale and live music festival as well as a lake jump and malt loaf eating competition so they should find something to do over the weekend

That would be great any help we can get we will take. My email is in my profile if you want to make contact.

And if there are any local is people that want to get involve but not race we will need marshals, first aid, event set up help. Cheers everyone.

Gotama
    Free Member

Ok thanks scott, may drop you a mail when i’ve got a weekend sorted.

timnwild

I’m in too

scottfitz
    Free Member

Oh and it will be BC online sign on and insured etc.. I will post next spring when its Live.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blooming ek, well done for hosting this.

Great effort, might pop over to watch.

Do you goo uphill too???

eightyeight
    Free Member

Sounds great – the enduro calendar is filling up nicely for next year!

Bit of a trek from Manchester, but will stay with the sis in Chichester, I’m in.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Do you goo uphill too???

Most of the uphill will be done in the transition/linking stage (Not Time). The timed stages will have some very short ups and some flowy flats stuff but mostly down.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Bugger – I’m throwing people off a big white thing just down the road that weekend 😕

m0rk
    Free Member

Beachy Head?

Can’t wait – though I expect Scott will pressgang me into marshalling 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

date is in the calendar. Cool

scottfitz
    Free Member

You can race m0rk!

scottfitz
    Free Member

I have tomorrow off work so going to go out in the rain for a long ride, Anyone want to join me?

scottfitz
    Free Member
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Queen Elizabeth Country Park (QECP) to host a Gravity Enduro’ is closed to new replies.