Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)
  • Quantocks roll call for saturday (sharki / Knottie / Charlie ride)
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

Who is comming out to play then it looks like it will be glorious on them there hills

forge197
    Free Member

Me + 1

charlierevell
    Free Member

Obviously i’ll be there! Routes are planned well (Apart from one of us!)
    Can i ask that everyone brings AT LEAST one tube, preferably 2 coz i dont want to spend alll day fixing tubes really.
    Lets have a count round and find out how many riders we have…

(3 so far, plus 3 (4) guides… hmmm )

oxym0r0n

Me too – if I can get a new car in time…

cinnamon_girl

I’ll be wussing at the back!

forge197
    Free Member

charlierevell – are you suggesting that it’s thorny and puncture prone on the Q’s? Or making the assumption of lot’s of riders therefore a higher liklyhood of punctures?

csb

Me. I’ll be with the style and control group rather than the piste perfomers.

IHN

Well hello there.

I’ll be with the style and control group rather than the piste perfomers.

Er, what’s the third option?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Me + some, where some is the number of riding buddies able to grunt in the affirmative

charlierevell
    Free Member

Forge – Just making the assumption we will get some flats! Where we are riding we shouldn’t really get any at all (havent done for weeks, then we had 2 in one ride) So its really just a safety thing, £6 quid of tubes in every bag shouldnt cause too much of an issue, they dont weigh much!

bodger
    Free Member

I’ll be there,Ijust don’t know where there is(only joined today)

forge197
    Free Member

will do, I have two any how will make sure Mrs F does as well.

sharki
    Free Member

Pinch punctures would be the main cause of flats his weekend….

options are

wuss group out for a scenic jolly in the hills

general trail riding group, mainly for the rad mincers out there, similar loop as the wuss group with an extra descent/looong climb and a slightly more continuos pace.

Then there’s the ‘b’tids are gonna kill me group’ after a short warm up you get thrown down a steepish rooty off camber natural DH trail(carved by the dh’ers), then climb out and possibly hit another DH before ducking into great wood to do revenge of the stump and the chimney then a race out and along the ridge to meet up with the others for lunch and rearrangement of groups, then some combe bashing titting about sessioning bits and taking the piss, this group will go further, will do more climbing(and descending) and will more than likely detroy the guide, before the end at which point everyone should be also close to death….

IHN

Did someone say mincer? Yoo-hoo!

MrNutt
    Free Member

can I sign up for the ‘b’tids are gonna kill me group’?

cinnamon_girl

Sorry for the bimbo question but would it be possible to change groups at lunchtime or are the groups not converging at lunchtime?

(just in case overnight I turn into a freeride goddess 8O)

cinnamon_girl

Oops, should have read sharki’s post properly 😳

richc
    Free Member

I can’t make it which is a shame as I know the Quantocks reasonably well, but wouldn’t mind learning some new tracks 😉

I take it the 2 downhills are the which crosses the track to the chimney, and the main one by they car park.

How do you get to revenge of the stump?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Richc… I think you’d be suprised if you were there as i doubt either of those trails will be used!
    Sharki will be on the natural course early on i think then heading for another after but the Car park DH and the alternative to the chimney weren’t on the cards last nite.

CG… Yes you read correctly! you can change at lunch if you wish, just after the ladys edge climb. It will get another cracking singletrack in if you go with the general mincers! However the pootle in the hills will be at a slightly slower pace i believe. (And walking will be allowed…)

richc
    Free Member

I expect you know this, but there are tons of tree’s down in Smiths coombe, including one big one that is blocking the 1st river crossing.

Loads of the other tracks were all pretty well covered with down branches as well, but nothing impassable.

Kieran

I’ll be there.

If got space for another bike or two plus riders from Cheltenham if anybody wants a lift

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Sorry if this is a stupid question but there’s so many threads I’m not sure I’ve read them all, will we be having lunch anywhere near the carpark or are we lugging food round with us?

Oh and count me in to the wuss group.

Thanks

charlierevell
    Free Member

Take food with you… we will be eating at pretty much the furthest point from the Car park.
    Not riden smiths rich, but have cleared all the trails for saturday so it should all be running scchwweeeeet!

azarat
    Free Member

Myself and snaps.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Could we have a list of people and what group they’d like to be in please?
    Its not fixed, just gives us an idea of your percieved quality of riding!

oldfart

Well having met Sharki yesterday i think i can manage the out for a jolly .See how the bimbling goes when we stop for eats.If i feel brave/stoopid/forget the osteoporosis i may change when we stop .For god sake somebody tell me to be sensible for once in my life!

oldfart

BTW show us the jolly route please.Might decide to bring hardtail instead.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve just got back from my afternoon pootle on the Quantocks, I bumped into that sharki and saladoger. It was flippin gorgeous up there again and saladoger didn’t even fall in any streams this time 😉

scraprider
    Free Member

me + mrs scraprider looking to get there at 9.00 ish . coming from exeter.staying over

sharki
    Free Member

Charlie.

Best if we divide groups in the morning as the majority may want the two sensible groups…..groups will be even numbers so some are gonna have join in the longer distance to start with…if it’s too much i’m sure there will be some from the other group who feel they can do a bit more, pace is always to that of the slowest rider and there no pressure to do anything they may not be comfortable with, but if there’s experienced riders in the group it’s a great chance to get some pointers and try out new stuff…

crispybacon
    Free Member

‘err chief Pastyland mincer reporting in for riding duties on Saturday.

Is it too early to start a ‘Which tyres for the Q’s’ Thread ? 😉

peteimpreza

I’ll be there. Long route for me if you don’t mind a bit of mincing on the DH runs

knottie8
    Free Member

Ummm a what tyres thread ?

Moses

Won’t be there, but might be seen walking in the afternoon.
    If you spot two grey ramblers, please say hi to me.

lammy
    Free Member

Hopefully be there if not working….
    I’m torn between middle and ‘b’tids are gonna kill me group’ at the mo. Never ridden with anyone from this forum so don’t know what I’m letting myself in for!!

dropoff

Me and Mrs Dropoff will be there plus mr singletrackguru, looking forward to some looning around in the knitting and sewing group 🙂

knottie8
    Free Member

the knitting group will be doing the famous stert/somerton combe run all the way into holford fun at any speed.

I hate threads will no pics…

Dibbs
    Free Member

“‘Which tyres for the Q’s'”
    If the weather stays as it is, it’ll be sand tyres 🙂

charlierevell
    Free Member

Im going to suggest some slicks pumped to 130psi! hahaa

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks roll call for saturday (sharki / Knottie / Charlie ride)’ is closed to new replies.