Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Quantocks
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Rode the Quantocks for the first time in almost a year on Saturday. Stunning day and the riding conditions were about the best I’ve ever had up there. Pretty much perfect in fact.

Headed out from Staple Plain and mainly stuck around the west end, but was genuinely surprised to see so few folk out riding. Did Weacombe, Bicknoller, Hodders and Smiths and only caught sight of two other riders in the distance all the time I was out.

I’ve tended to ride mainly local Dartmoor stuff lately which is fantastic but can be fairly committing in places- it was great to be somewhere with such a density of good, flowing trails concentrated in a small area. Just awesome.

Was anyone else out for a play?

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I was up there Saturday and Sunday and it seemed a lot quieter than normal despite the perfect conditions 😕

Might go up later on too depending on what the weather is doing when I finish work.

jam-bo

Itching to get back to the quantocks. Been far too long…

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Had genuinely forgotten how good it can be… Weacombe in particular was riding brilliantly – never ridden it that fast on a rigid bike.

rondo101
    Free Member

I’ve been up there a couple of times recently on weekends when both the weather & trail conditions were fantastic and not seen any other riders bar my group. Even Great Wood was quiet (although I believe the uplift wasn’t operating temporarily).

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Hodders and Smiths for a quick bimble saturday morning….. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks’ is closed to new replies.