• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • QE Park – worth a visit tomorrow?
  • cardiff
    Free Member

Evening all, down in Portsmouth with my bike, is QE Park worth a visit after all this rain or is it likely to be a river? If it is worth a go, are the trails easy to find as I’ve never been riding there!

Cheers!

scaredypants

I’d assumed pompey would’ve sunk by now 😯

cardiff
    Free Member

It seems very much afloat at the moment!

slackalice
    Free Member

It’ll be wet for sure!! At least the mud is so wet now it wont stick to you or your bike 😉

Chalk will be slippy – to say the least – however the trails are easy to find.

Go to the main car park (on southbound side of A3, however access from northbound carriageway is easy and via an underpass)and park up.

Join the multi-use trail that runs above the car park and in the same direction that you entered the car park. After 300metres or so, the start of the red trail becomes obvious with signage and head left and up.

Oh, and enjoy!! 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

Easy to find the trails as said. Well worth a visit

keefus
    Free Member

prepare to get dirty……very dirty!

superfli
    Free Member

Take glasses, some of the fast bits will have you licking mud out of your eyes for days! Mud is so wet that you almost dont need to clean the bike afterwards! I had a great time on Wed night at QE.

m0rk
    Free Member

Cardiff

What sort of time?

I’m heading up for a quick lap or two later today

convert

Na – leave them alone in this weather so that when it does dry up us locals aren’t looking at a bunch of trashed trails. Tbh it’s not a lot of fun in the wet and having been running at QE yesterday it’s certainly that!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I can’t imagine it will be any fun at all with the amount of rain we have had.

superfli
    Free Member

Lumberjack (the very top singletrack) is pretty muddy and needs attention. TBH the more bikes down it, the more likely the hard chalk below will be exposed, fixing the trail for us 🙂 Loads of roots will make digging tough work – surfacing might well be best bet.
    The riding I did on Wed night was pretty much all on “local” QE trails (except lumberjack), but was soo slippy it was excellent fun, at a slower pace. Fun on a HT, I wouldnt bother with FS if you have a choice

bartimaeus
    Free Member

The worst sections is usually along the A3, with its wet off-camber roots. You can always avoid this by taking a shortcut across to Snakes & Ladders (yellow dots across from the top of the first climb – up the road then take the fire-road on your right by the carpark).

If you find anything that needs ‘fixing’ post up, and someone will look at it… we will be up there working on 29th/30th.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I had a great time on Wed night at QE.

Yep it was, Slippy fun 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Take care. QE can be lethal when it’s this wet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘QE Park – worth a visit tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.