Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Q: different width tyres f & r -will I die?
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

Thinking 2.4 NN on the front & 2.25 on the rear on a Nomad.

(cos somewhere in my fuddled brain I’m sure I remember this being a good idea)

rickon
    Free Member

You will definitely die.

Not from this decision though 🙂

2.4 and 2.25 is a good trail choice, and NN are lovely.

binners

Are you insane?! Think of your family weeping over your gravestone, which will carry the legend

Here lies Mr Lebowski
    They warned him about those tyres

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Cheers guys – Ill think of you when Im pulling a frontside 720 backward superman into a tree (whatever the **** they are?!)..

“Those buggers at STW!”

😉

BigJohn

a frontside 720 backward superman into a tree (whatever the **** they are?!).

They’re those big brown things with leaves on, made of wood.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Are trees made of wood or is wood made from trees.

PS you can also use different tread patens – faster rolling on the back and something big with more grip on the front. Have a look at a RR / NN combo.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Mmm interesting.

Trees are wood or wood are trees.. bring to mind the question what do you call a wood full of trees?..

Like the idea of NN on the front & RR on the back – is that what you meant uwe-r?

soobalias
    Free Member

never mind sizes and model mixing,

i have a totally different manufacturer front and rear

honourablegeorge

Sounds spot on to me.

Now a different BRAND front and rear – that’d mean certain death for me, from violent attack of OCD.

honeybadgerx

Now a different BRAND front and rear – that’d mean certain death for me, from violent attack of OCD.

I know exactly what you mean! It took me a while before I could accept having a Nobby Nic up front and a Crossmark on the rear despite it being a good combo!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Best of both worlds is to frankenstein the tyres – cut each tyre in two, stitch the odd halves together and gain the benefits of two different tyres simultaneously. You could almost call it quantum tyre choice, you have no way of knowing which section of tyre you’re going to land on.

wordnumb
    Free Member

^ should mention that the above probably won’t work tubeless.

In fact it won’t work. And will kill.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Best of both worlds is to frankenstein the tyres – cut each tyre in two, stitch the odd halves together and gain the benefits of two different tyres simultaneously. You could almost call it quantum tyre choice, you have no way of knowing which section of tyre you’re going to land on.

Quality! 🙂

tomhoward

Trees are wood or wood are trees

I’ve got wood, but it’s not a tree….

Fnar Fnar

*faints*

binners

Oh dear God!!! Will somebody please think of the children?!!

stevomcd
    Free Member

But can you see the wood for the trees?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Q: different width tyres f & r -will I die?’ is closed to new replies.