Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Push tuning rear shock
  • Finchie85
    Free Member

Just wondering whether anyone has done it and whether it is actually worth the extra money, can you tell the difference??

Cheers

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Had my DHX coil pushed made quite a bit of difference,made it better on small stuff(roots) and handled the bigger stuff nicer,Felt less harsh through its travel.

carlos
    Free Member

Had a Septune serviced and pushed a few years ago and yes it did make a fair bit of difference all across the travel. Just waiting for a call that the parts are in so I can send off my 2010 RP23 with the large volume can, as it blows throught he travel to quick for my liking when set at the correct sag and I don't like the ride when I run it harder

Lactic
    Free Member

I had my septune pushed as well. Made a massive difference to the ride of my stumpy, and TFT are very good to deal with too.

Finchie85
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, makes my decision a lot easier. Push tuned it is.

carlos
    Free Member

Finchie85 – whats the shock you have??

Finchie85
    Free Member

Its a fox float rp2

carlos
    Free Member

Ah, they offered me a replacement smaller air can for mine as thats half the problem afaik thats all.

Anyhow cracking service and turn around

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Anyone see the mag test standard fox, pushed fox and some other shocks ? Standard fox came out on top. Carlos sound like you need a standard vol air sleeve to me.

carlos
    Free Member

Yeah read the test. We spoke about it when I called them and based on the chat settled for the Push tune. I agree though in what your saying as my old RP23 was fine with the smaller air can.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I had my Fox Float on the back of my Enduro PUSHed a while back and am still very pleased with the results. The rear suspension tracks noticably better, just as well in fact as the Romic coil I occasionally use.

Recommended.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Carlos pop the c-clip off on your hv air can remove the outter sleeve, fill it with grease refit. Reduced volume air sleeve.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Carlos- as per mr frosty-Remove can and fill with something. I used plastic Drinks bottle,Cut sections out and fitted them,until you get the ride characteristics you want.

Like this

carlos
    Free Member

Nah, not my idea of fixing the issues. Thanks though.

kamina
    Free Member

Just wondering whether anyone has done it and whether it is actually worth the extra money, can you tell the difference??

The biggest problem is that you'll end up having to have all your future shocks pushed.

Finchie85
    Free Member

Used it for the first time last night, it is so smooth now!! Keep preparing myself for bumps that are now no longer there!! Highly recommended!!

nockmeister
    Free Member

Carlos, as per nicolaisam's post..I'd try the shim out before sending to TF. Its an actual Fox procedure, you can buy shims from Fox.
    Check this thread out http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=503070

LoCo
    Free Member

Grease in the hv air can is the answer for reduced air volume and curing the problem. 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Push tuning rear shock’ is closed to new replies.