Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • Punched in the smacker!
  • smogmonster

Had an interesting afternoon…whilst sat in car was punched in face by the neighbour of a good friend.
    Basically they live down a country lane, and his car was coming the opposite way to me…its gravel and very dusty on thge verges. I pulled over to let him through, and my tyres locked up as i braked and pulled over, doing no more than 10- 15mph. He got out his car and walked towards mine, so i let the window to say ‘lovely day’ usual stuff, with that he simply decks me and starts a rant about me speeding and being a danger to the kids down there (one of them being mine!). I didnt have a clue who he was at this point. By the time i realised what was happening he was clearly sorry and apologised..i was too confused by the whole situation to bother lamping him back, and simply said OK, he apologised again and drove off. Spoke to my mate who was stunned when i told him, explained that it is his neighbour, and that he is normally a really quiet kinda guy.
    I havent totally decided whether to report to to the Police, i dont particularly want to ruin a guys life if he was simply having a crappy day and i happened to be the wrong guy in the wrong place, and it would make my mates relationship awkward to put it mildly (he again apologised to my mate when he challenged him about it all)….on the other hand going round randomly punching people is really rather not on. Im trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, he did apologise to me directly and via my mate, but im not totally decided.

So what would you folks do, beyond the obvious wee/shoe interface and Bomber ownage? Also is there a time limit to how long i have before i report it?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Odd. What made him apologise?

MSP

Well if your account of events is true, I would report him, flying off the handle like that needs dealing with.

sc-xc

Don’t report him. It will make life a bit harder for your mate…

smogmonster

Presumably he was (nearly) as shocked as i was at the randomness of it all. He clearly had the red mist come down from somewhere, and obviously regretted it as soon as it had happened.

Tom83

I wouldn’t stand for that. Apology or not doesn’t mean he can smack you for the hell of it!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bombers
    wee
    It is the STW way.

project
    Free Member

He was obviously haveing a bad day, made worse, when you find out he has just ……………..

dobo
    Free Member

sounds like you were speeding, yea just bloody admit it. this doesnt excuse his actions though but i wouldnt waste my time reporting it. you think it might help somebody or something and make the world a better place but it wont, it will just waste everyones time and money and wont actually achive anything but make yours and his lifes more dificult.

SonicTheHedgehog
    Free Member

Go round his house, slash 4 tyres and break windscreen, then knock on his door and say sorry. Everything is OK then, no?

sc-xc

Hang on…

Was it near a zoo? He might have been writing an essay.

skywalker
    Free Member

You should have hit him back so instead of phoning the police, knock on his door and do the same to him.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes then apologise and then go apologise to your mate 😀

if yod did not hit him then it is too late for violence IMHO

If he apologised and too your mate why report it?

project
    Free Member

Did he really hit you hard enough for you to want to,get him a criminal record, for assault,to possibly loose his job,income and his wife/partner.

Or was it a slap, more than a full anger punch.

emac65
    Free Member

It’s assault report it,nothing much will happen but at least he’ll think twice before he does it again.How do you know he doesn’t make a habit of it,he may well be giving people slaps all the time & getting away with it by saying sorry afterwards……..

nealglover
    Free Member

He sounds like an unhinged nutter.
    You sound like a bad driver.

All square, Happy days 😉

Mantastic
    Free Member

Go round his house to say hi and you hope he is ok. It will confuse him but also totally embarrass him as it will remind him he is a turd

geoffj

Go round and tell him you’ll not report him if he lets you punch him.

smogmonster

Project, it was full on bunch of fives, i have the swollen cheek and cut lip as (unwanted) evidence…however it is the criminal record yada yada that i dont want to lumber someone with over a temporary loss of sanity.
    As for being a bad driver, i aint perfect, but any road where my daughter, or any other kids, are possibly playing, i take it easy.

smogmonster

GeoffJ, i like your style.

project
    Free Member

He lost the plot for a second, apologised and apologised to your mate, if he isnt normally a thug, go visit him tomorrow andask why he hit you.

He could have just rammed you off the road.

sc-xc

If you do get to punch him, you need to make sure you can actually throw a punch.

Get a bullworker, and go back in 8-12 weeks. Shake that bitch down.

skywalker
    Free Member

MTFU, stop being a pussy and go and punch him back. Didn’t your mum ever teach you how to deal with bullies?

If you don’t you will feel like shite for letting someone walk over you like a bitch, then it will happen again and again.

cb

I’m struggling with the wheels locking at 10-15mph bit but a quick shout and swear from him should have been enough. I’d report and expect to get reported if I behaved like that.

Garry_Lager

The time to have lamped him back, with excellent justification, has passed. So I’d leave it be.

Randomly punching strangers in the face because you don’t like their driving sounds like a risky enterprise to me. If he makes a habit of this he’ll end up hospitalised – it would be Christmas come early for some folk getting a slap like this – green light to get out and hammer shite out of him.

cheez0
    Free Member

report.

why is this being debated?

If smogmonster was driving like a **** then mr punchy should have reported him to the police not got out of his car and twatted him.

what if smogmonster was driving carefully but a raoul moat type with a car load of bangsticks?

deluded
    Free Member

During his apology to your friend he most likely made admissions and therefore the police will want to take a statement from him. Should it proceed to court your mate could well be summonsed to attend and provide testimony.

There’s no time limit as such – but with the passing of time evidence diminishes and memories fade. For example the injuries you have will heal and be less visible/impactive as the cops will want them photographed.

I’d be inclined to report him – may be just ask the local cops to go round and have a word in his shell if you don’t want to make an ‘official complaint’.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’d be inclined to report him – may be just ask the local cops to go round and have a word in his shell if you don’t want to make an ‘official complaint’.

That’s got to be the best advice. And to be fair you’d probably be doing the geezer (and others) a favour. He’s clearly got a problem which he needs to recognise and deal with.

yossarian
    Free Member

Don’t report him to the police. If you are genuinely angry and pissed off then go and find him. Tell him you understand why he was angry and that he was right, then punch his fucken lights out. If it’s not that important, leave it.

Job done.

scaredypants

I’d suggest you go and talk to this guy – possibly arranged by yr mate in advance and also with him in attendance to avoid it turning nasty again

That way you find out what was really going on and yr mate doesn’t have any unresolved “issue” left between him & neighbour

If he kicks off unreasonably, kick the living shit out of him, obviously

arcane
    Free Member

“i dont particularly want to ruin a guys life”

Do you often have an entirely disproportional reaction to people making you feel like a pussy? What are you going to do? Walk into the police station with tears in your eyes and tell them about the bad man bullying you?

Grow up!

arcane
    Free Member

“That way you find out what was really going on and yr mate doesn’t have any unresolved “issue” left between him & neighbour”

Alternatively, he may actually have a worthwhile life that he is busy living rather than acting as though he is fourteen.

Just a possibilty! 🙂

bikeytom
    Free Member

I agree with Gary, the moment has passed. I might consider reporting him, definately would if he wasn’t a mates neighbour. You should ask the mate how he would feel about you reporting him.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

yea, go tell tales that the nasty man hit you for doing skids … good grief, either grow some nuts and punch him back or dont.
    IMO of course 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Do you often have an entirely disproportional reaction to people making you feel like a pussy?

That’s an unnecessary slur against the OP. This geezer physically attacked a complete stranger, and not in self defence. Personally I would be happier if people who do that sort of thing weren’t allowed to walk (or drive) the streets with impunity.

yunki
    Free Member

go round and see him.. take a four pack of beers.. ask him why he’s so upset and if there’s anything you can do to help..

reading through this thread it’s no wonder this country is in the state it’s in..

jools182
    Free Member

report him

bad day or not, you can’t just go around smacking people

I’d love to punch people on a daily basis, but I don’t

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

or learn to duck next time 🙂

bikeytom
    Free Member

“Do you often have an entirely disproportional reaction to people making you feel like a pussy? What are you going to do? Walk into the police station with tears in your eyes and tell them about the bad man bullying you?”

I think it’s more about the fact that the guy might think its ok just to walk up to people in their cars and hit them than it is about any possible embarrassment suffered.

deluded
    Free Member

Of course you could listen to the internet hard-men and risk losing your life or liberty for 15 years … and believe me I’ve seen retaliatory attacks end in tragedy for the participants, not least their families.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Punched in the smacker!’ is closed to new replies.