• This topic has 91 replies, 63 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • pulled over for careless cycling…
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

this been done yet?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfjfZqP0Ct4[/video]

matt_outandabout

There are some numpties in life.

toys19
    Free Member

Whilst I don’t actually like the cops and love anyone that holds them to account, I can’t help feeling this guy was just creating trouble for the sake of it.

grim168
    Free Member

Lifes too short.

Crag
    Free Member

There’s no winners here.

boblo
    Free Member

Prick with camera argues with pointy headed pricks driving car…. Lord save us….

billyboy
    Free Member

It is.

A win on points to the headcam man.

30 years ago I think he would have been smacked….a lot.

One small bonus for living in the new age, anarchy, corruption, public inertia, financial ruin etc notwithstanding

Dibbs
    Free Member

Prick with camera argues with pointy headed pricks driving car…. Lord save us….

+1

crazy-legs

WTF did the cyclist think he was going to achieve from that? 🙄

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Epic fail – I think…!

Watch the vid back through & you’ll see the road markings for a bike lane have finished when the cyclist starts having a go & then restart further on down the road. At the point where he starts having a go, its a bus lane..

Happy to be proved wrong but I think he got it epically wrong..

Crag
    Free Member

WTF did the cyclist think he was going to achieve from that?

A thread on STW dedicated to his footage

user-removed
    Free Member

Un-cool of me it may be, but I applaud the cyclist. He’s just standing up and making his (correct) views heard, without fear. Those cops didn’t have a leg to stand on.

Far too many of us take the line of least resistance – nothing wrong with civic responsibility.

And Lebowski – you’re sort of wrong. It’s a bus lane at the point where he knocks on the window. Cars aren’t allowed in a bus lane (with the possible exception of a police car on an emergency call) but bikes are.

Drac

Yeah this came up at least once before if I recall it was proven the cyclist was wrong and the cycle lane had ended it was a bus lane only at that point and even then not at that time of day.

Edric64
    Free Member

It is a bus lane and I assume from the amount of traffic in it traffic is allowed in it at certain times .I cant read what it says on the blue sign at the start of the bus lane

mrlebowski
    Free Member

And Lebowski – you’re sort of wrong. It’s a bus lane at the point where he knocks on the window. Cars aren’t allowed in a bus lane (with the possible exception of a police car on an emergency call) but bikes are.

Depends on the day of the week & the time of day..

Highway Code

Scroll down to 141

rene59
    Free Member

Was expecting a taser or two and camera being confiscated under some drummed up anti-terrorism law.

Cyclist made a lucky escape. Never waste time arguing with cops, they’re always right. Especially when they’re wrong. Fuds.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

This video explains why lots of people don’t like cyclists, or coppers.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Whilst I don’t actually like the cops and love anyone that holds them to account

Sigh . . .

I totally support the police and wish there were more of them busting all the arrogant road users I see every day.

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

Why the hell didn’t that guy just ride off?

shifter
    Free Member

What a tool, he had an easy path through the traffic and decided to pick an argument with professional arguers instead.

scotroutes

Convinces me, once again, that riding in traffic with a camera attached turns some folk into complete tosspots. I bet he thought it would look great on Youtube – him showing the police a thing or two.

It would have been much more effective to have sat behind the car, recorded the number plate and then sent a copy of the video in to police HQ.

beanieripper
    Free Member

that is so funny….that does explain why most people hate cops, but some people even like scotts..:-)

fourbanger
    Free Member

Saw string back gloves, stopped video.

garage-dweller

Scotroutes second paragraph ftw subject to the below
    I wonder if the bus lane was ‘active’ at the time given the number of czars in it that were not being issued tickets?

toys19
    Free Member

scotroutes, If you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail..

garage-dweller

Sorry czars are unlikely to get traffic tickets for minor offences due to royal like status.

Euro
    Free Member

Look how empty the cycle lane path is! Grass and tree stumps too. I know where i’d be riding. Fun and safe.

bigyinn
    Free Member

That cyclist was a complete moron. It makes me embarrassed to be associated with the likes of him.
    What an utter ****. That sort of crap will just make those cop’s even less inclined to be sympathetic to cyclists.

user-removed
    Free Member

Well, the reaction of the polis suggests they knew they were in the wrong. If they were allowed in the bus lane, why didn’t they just say so, instead of making up imaginary buses (twice). Bang to rights I’d say.

IanW
    Free Member

What else would you expect from all involved?

downgrade
    Free Member

One of many reasons I don’t use a helmet cam, I do stupid stuff like this all the time ranting at drivers, last thing I want is to have to watch/listen to it back 😳

joshvegas
    Free Member

I would have busted him for cycling the wrong away us a cycle lane. Jobs a good un.

devash
    Free Member

Rule number one – avoid the police.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

cyclist comes across as a bit of a dick imo

Junkyard
    Free Member

I totally support the police and wish there were more of them busting all the arrogant road users I see every day.

its certainly preferable to them shooting unarmed people and killing rioters a man on his way home from work*.

Both bell ends but the copper was in the wrong then abused his power as a copper. They guy clearly did not help his cause much

* for clarity coppers, like MPS , are drawn from society and the vast majority will be honest decent folk but I cannot tottally support all they do and I doubt coppers do either

toys19
    Free Member

for clarity coppers, like MPS , are drawn from society and the vast majority will be honest decent folk but I cannot tottally support all they do and I doubt coppers do either

I think perhaps I should have said this ^^

But for risk amelioration I do agree with this:

devash – Member
    Rule number one – avoid the police.

aracer
    Free Member

Has nobody else noticed the black van which breaks a specific non-subjective law right next to the police car just before the driver gets out (well the police car probably just has committed the same offence as well, but I’ll generously assume the lights weren’t red when they crossed the line). The police certainly don’t seem to.

It says in the comment for the video that it is an operational bus line – not really sure what difference it makes him claiming it to be a bike line. Contrary to other suggestions, I’d reckon that if there’s enough traffic to require use of the bus lane it’s likely to be operational, and certainly during commuting times.

LHS
    Free Member

All parties are dicks in that video but especially the cyclist. Have no idea what he was going to achieve there, and quite frankly it doesn’t actually look like the police were in the wrong. There are two many cyclists with helmet cams trying to bate motorists and police. If you watch a lot of those youtube videos, a lot of the cyclists move out as a car passes them then scream at the car, like they are almost looking for it. Weird behaviour.

Davesport

Another bad day for cycling I’m afraid. It’s not the cyclist’s job to tell other people that they’re driving in the wrong lane. Any normal person watching this can only come to one conclusion. The bloke’s a complete tool & out to cause problems. I’d say the coppers exercised too much restraint. They’re entitled to ask him to provide his details; end of. He should have been in the back of the car when he failed to provide them.

With the looming debate on presumed liability for those in motor vehicles, examples like this are going to make the case more difficult. I cringe sometimes when I hear people refer to me as a “cyclist”. We’re not held in high regard amongst other groups of road users. Things like this make it worse.

£0.02

D.

globalti
    Free Member

Yesterday I got flamed on Cycle Chat for daring to suggest that some cyclists are ill-mannered and ill-trained and this video would have been my perfcte riposte.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘pulled over for careless cycling…’ is closed to new replies.