Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)
  • PSA: Wot? No iPhone 5S/5C PSA? :)
  • somafunk

I dunno whether to get one or not, my current iphone 4 32gb is now over 3 years old and is held together by black gorilla tape as i’ve dropped it one too many times and the glass was crumbling off from the backplate, the screen has two large cracks running top to bottom and the home button sometimes stops working, apart from that i’ve been very happy wi it and my previous iphone 3g.

Not bothered bout fingerprint scanner as my fingerprints are often mashed up or burnt/scarred due to work and ingrained dirt/oil and the limited starting 16gb GB capacity seems a bit fekin useless for such a tech device, the price they are asking for 32gb and 64 gb is frankly taking the piss and that’s coming from an Apple fanboi for over 10years.
    I’d be happy wi a Iphone 4s 32gb or 64gb as i use all the space on my current 32gb, but the larger 64 GB capacity seem to be pretty rare or at least they command a helluva premium on the 2nd hand market and i don’t think you can buy them new .

Perhaps a few will come up for sale over the next few weeks.

footflaps

Having just watched the keynote, the seem to have done a lot of work on the camera, I might upgrade to the 5s for that alone.

GrahamS

the glass was crumbling off from the backplate

You realise that replacing the backplate is like a 20 second job?
    Unscrew the two screws at the bottom. Slide backplate up and remove. Slide replacement backplate on. Do up the two screws.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCflrPsvQ70[/video]

(replacing the screen is a much bigger job though).

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Having drunk several Singletrack Ales* I’d like to say…. Good luck to you all. I’m sticking with Nokia and WP8.

*Damn fine.

somafunk

You realise that replacing the backplate is like a 20 second job?

Oh Yeah, i know that, I’ve replaced the battery, the headphones socket, the home button and backplate all before……… the genuine glass backplates aren’t cheap so as i’m not bothered bout how it looks i have wrapped a few layers of extra wide gorilla tape round it to hold everything together and when i drop it or it falls out my pocket it just bounces rather than smashing even more, I’ll be wrapping up my new one with tape when i get it – i can’t be doing wi rubber bumpers or skins as they get stuck in my pocket.

IanW
    Free Member

Im with gofaster.

But for when Im, not can I have your girlfriends numbers?

dannybgoode

@gofasterstripes – agree Lumia 925 FTW…

jambalaya
    Free Member

I watched the keynote.

I think the camera updates are interesting, slow motion video. Plus 64 processor and improved battery life.
    Apple never said they would launch a cheap phone. The C stands for colour and the phone is a slight improvement on the 5

I am tempted to buy one outright, I’ve been using a 16gb 4S for 18 months and haven’t found the capacity a problem. I could unlock the 4S and sell it making back some of the 5S purchase price. I assume the 5S is lighter as is the 5. If I don’t buy one outright I’ll wait for a 6 as that should be launched a few months after my contract renewal date.

The new cables are reasonably cheap even from Apple, we bought a couple of extra for the GF’s 5, so that’s not a factor

footflaps

I am tempted to buy one outright, I’ve been using a 16gb 4S for 18 months and haven’t found the capacity a problem.

I’ve managed to completely fill mine with photos I’ve taken on it (3000 odd).

the-muffin-man

I’ve managed to completely fill mine with photos I’ve taken on it (3000 odd).

Take some off then!

prawny

If the 5c had been £250 then I’d have been all over it. iOS 7 looks like its solving the problems that I had when I had a 4 for a bit. But I’m not paying that. No way hose. I’ll get an S4 mini or something instead when I need a new phone/get one free

Stoner
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    No doubt the scallies have already found a way of cracking the fingerprint lock.
    Someone once said (I forget who) that the trouble with fingerprint verification is that it is essentially a password that you write in plain text on every surface that you touch.

Bounty for video of consistent fingerprint scanner hack

Currently at about $15,000

Time to dig the latex out….

pictonroad

just about to click, but what colour to go for?

The most crass first world problem yet?

Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Wot? No iPhone 5S/5C PSA? :)’ is closed to new replies.