Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • PSA – Tesco/Evans Cycle Clubcard Reward Now 3x Points
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

good news here, tesco/evans points are now worth triple, so £0.50 worth of vouchers, is worth £1.50 in Evans vouchers

scotroutes

Whoop!

Off to Clubcard site to trade them in!

benp1

Good news. Is it a temporary boost type deal or just a change?

nickjb
    Free Member

Good news. We only spend ours on the channel tunnel or evans so that’ll help.

On a similar note, anyone have any tips for getting extra points. We already use a Tesco credit card but the points deal on that has dropped a bit.

munrobiker
    Free Member

How do people accrue so many points? We do all our online shopping at Tesco (2 people’s worth of groceries, excluding veg and meat which we get locally), and fuel from Tesco and Esso (30,000 miles a year including the work pool car and van) and tend to only have about £25 by the end of the year. Certainly not enough to consider buying a trip on the Chunnel or bike parts.

scotroutes

We buy everything with the Tesco credit card, paying it off monthly.

Used to be with E.ON for electricity too.

I currently have £110 of vouchers to trade in and another £21 on their way. At 3:1 that’s almost £400 of Evans voucher.

paladin

I like!
    They’ve changed the rewards completely tho, whereas in the last some places would 2x vouchers, others would 4x vouchers, it is now 3x for everything

scaled
    Free Member

Clubcard credit card does all our family spending, racks up pretty fast!

Splash-man
    Free Member

We buy everything with the Tesco credit card, paying it off monthly.

We do the same, virtually everything we spend goes on the card to maximise the points. We used to have a Plus account for extra points as well.
    I also fill my car up there so although the spend goes on a fuel card I still get the points.

Racks up pretty quickly.

chestrockwell

Brilliant! Been saving some up and waiting for the next batch so just in time.

cb

Is it just full price stuff that vouchers can be exchanged for, or sales items as well?

ebygomm
    Free Member

Bugger, just changed 20 quid for 2x value on Sunday

Is it just full price stuff that vouchers can be exchanged for, or sales items as well?

Previously was useable against everything (just treated like a gift card) don’t imagine it will change

yoshimi

Great PSA – didn’t know how many points I had till I checked…not many but can get a Reverb 1X for £5 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Bugger, just changed 20 quid for 2x value on Sunday

They’ve been pretty good at refunding us when the voucher didn’t work. Our fault regarding the T&C’s of using tunnel vouchers but they were happy to refund and all the refunded points had the full three year expiry.

I only use them against sale items. Double win

ebygomm
    Free Member

They’ve been pretty good at refunding us when the voucher didn’t work.

Voucher has already been used

asbrooks

Silly question!
    Just checked my points, quite surprised!

How do you use them at Evans? I wonder if you can still use the price match option as well?

ebygomm
    Free Member

You need to log on to the tesco clubcard site and ‘purchase’ Evans vouchers with your clubcard vouchers. You’ll then get an email ~24 hours later with a voucher code you can use

Kuco

Thanks for the PSA dirtyrider 😀

scotroutes

I wonder if you can still use the price match option as well?

You can

Harry_the_Spider

…and all old x4 deals are now x3.

Very Little Help.

PMK2060

Great PSA. We do not shop at Tesco as often as we used to so had forgot about the clubcard scheme. Just checked and we have £22 in vouchers, so £66 to spend on something…..

asbrooks

@ebygomm, @scotroutes & @OP Thanks for the feedback and PSA. So many possibilities 😀

My only regret, had I had known this over the last 3 months I’d not have been filling up at Sainsburys (locally it was 3p litre cheaper), As it’s only 1p difference now, I’ll go back to Tesco. But in my defence, I am putting £45 a week in the tank. 😐

SOAP
    Free Member

Sweet! £41 = £123 🙂
    So do I get Shimano MW5 or MM7 ?

cb

If it helps…the vouchers can also be used for their servicing options, which happen to be half price in January. £30 to make my neglected bike well again seems like a bargain to me!

Splash-man
    Free Member

As you were ladies and gents !

Tesco have back-tracked on the change until June.

LMT
    Free Member

Pretty sure it’s just the decrease, the evans increase still stands.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’ve just gone on Tesco club card and it still says £0.50 of clubcard vouchers gets £1.50 Evans vouchers, no?

I did it last night and it was fine, but it still looks the same today?

Evans just issue a standard E-style voucher that you can spend however you want, its not like say the pizza express ones which you can only use on food.

dusterbenny
    Free Member

how long did everyones vouchers take to arrive? swapped £10 of point in for £30 gift voucher on tuesday eve & still no email?

submarined
    Free Member

Am I missing something? I haven’t looked on, admittedly, but a Google is bringing it up as 2x?

submarined
    Free Member

I meant logged on, not looked on, but either way:
    https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/boost/evans-cycles/UK-004166.prd

I’m after some mw7s as well!

ebygomm
    Free Member

I ordered mine at 6:42 pm on Saturday just gone and got the vouchers at 8:38 Monday morning.

dusterbenny
    Free Member

cheers ebygomm, will chase them up!

tomwoodbury

Ordered Tuesday, still not here! Will chase up.

clevertrevor
    Free Member

Admittedly I’ve never converted the vouchers before but unless I’m missing something it’s showIng £1 = £1 for me. How do you get the boost thing?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I ordered Tuesday too and still nothing. Has previously gone to my spam but can’t see it this time.

scotroutes

It has taken up to a week in the past. I swap them pre-empitively so haven’t had an issue.

dusterbenny
    Free Member

For those still waiting:

“I am sorry to hear that you have not received your order and will be happy to help. I can confirm that we allow 72 hours for them to be sent out to you, if after this you have still not received them please contact the Ride To Work team as they deal with these scenarios. Their contact number is 01293701860 and they are open Monday-Friday 08:30-17:30. Thank you for your patience and understanding into this matter”

dabaldie
    Free Member

Just logged into clubcard and Evans shows as x2. Thought it might just be an update to the site needed, but right up to checkout is only showed £10=£20 of Evans Vouchers.. 🙁
    Looks like they have back tracked

submarined
    Free Member

Admittedly I’ve never converted the vouchers before but unless I’m missing something it’s showIng £1 = £1 for me. How do you get the boost thing?

At least it’s not just me, why is everyone getting different multipliers?

convert

Just logged into clubcard and Evans shows as x2. Thought it might just be an update to the site needed, but right up to checkout is only showed £10=£20 of Evans Vouchers..
    Looks like they have back tracked

You lot don’t keep up with the national news much then? Made the healines as a publicity gaff on most news sources inc the main TV news, national newspapers etc.

Tesco made all their points things triple value overnight so some went from 2 to 3 times value (Evans) but most went from 4 times to 3 times. Big public backlash (at the 4 times to 3 times bit) so they reversed the desision to change it immediately. So unless you got in for the 24hrs or so when the new value came in you’ll have to wait until June when everything becomes 3 times face value again.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Tesco/Evans Cycle Clubcard Reward Now 3x Points’ is closed to new replies.