Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • PSA: SSC P7 Super Bright Rechargeable LED Bike Light UK store £27.89
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Thanks folks

Given the original link is out of stock can I just check are all P7 and T6 lights equal?

For example

p7 on Ebay

Is this the same as in the original link? I imagine they are all made in same factory, they all look the same?

Tim

dukeduvet

tpbiker

A couple of cheap lights for the Pentlands will see you right. I got one last year and went for my first night ride of this autumn yesterday.

Amazing fun, makes you seem like you are riding faster, atmospheric (mist in the trees) and wildlife – I had a bat flying in front of me lit up by my light! Definately brings a new dimension to riding.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

tpbiker: I’m not sure if they all come from / assembled in the same factory but anyway I’d only advice trying to get one with a uk / eu charger and one that you have a reasonable chance of making a warranty claim in 6 months time (unless you like fixing stuff yourself). But for below £30 surely it’s worth a punt – including your ebay one.

bigyinn
    Free Member

My order from the 7day shop was the SSC P7 jobbie turned up. The charger is a proper uk 3 pin one (no adaptor needed).
    Also included (as per the picture) is the battery, lamp unit and head strap.
    The battery is pretty small and additional waterproofing required. It comes pre charged too.
    The strobe mode is ridiculously flashy so be warned!
    The lamp is simple to operate, pressing the power button cycles through the modes as follows
    High->Low->Strobe->Off
    I’ve had it on full at my desk for about an hour (desk fan for cooling!) and the charge indicator is still green.
    Im going to have a play around with the mount, as I think I can swap over the Cateye mount I already have.
    In summary well put together and fairly simple. Will try it out at some point next week on the bike.

letmetalktomark

Same as bigyinn mine arrived just now.

Battery does seem proper tiny compared with my V2 pack from Smudge.

Strobe is interesting – not sure it could ever be used as its more rave lighting than bike lighting.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvt_AKQnBqg[/video]

Still for use in the garage it should be fine 8)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Pulled the light apart the other day and the sealing is good. BUT where the cable exits the light body there is no rubber grommet, so im going to put a bit of silicone sealant around the hole to keep the moisture out.
    I’ve also wrapped the battery in clingfilm, as advised by others.
    Not 100% convinced that the o-ring bar clamp is solid enough, but if not Im planning to use an old mount off my Cateye EL700. May need to space out the clamp by 3mm to clear the cable, but should be easy enough to cobble something together.

petersnell
    Free Member

Just had an e mail from the e bay store I bought one of these lights from asking me to return it for a full refund due to the risk of “potentially dangerous failure” that had been highlighted by the trading standards agency.
    Anyone else had this?

bigyinn
    Free Member

😯 😯 😯

wwaswas

there was a thread earlier today benefit of buying from a uk seller, I guess – hong kong one would say nowt.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Had one for about a year – still running sweetly.
    Bought one each for my 2 lads and they look and seem to work just as well.
    £27 per winter is pretty good, more than that is a bonus.
    One tight but happy Tyke.

petersnell
    Free Member

Don’t know whether to send it back or not, it seems to work ok and I was quite pleased with it until that e mail!
    Not sure what a “potentially dangerous failure” could be, exploding battery perhaps?

kitebikeski
    Free Member

ordered one from a uk ebay seller at 10pm mon night, arrived 9am wed morning – brilliant. the £28 light is brighter than the 3 year old dx bastid that is still going strong. the p7 has orange peel reflector beam pattern looks good – shame it’s for 12 yr old son! off out to weather proof battery – killed original dx battery on 1st outing so don’t want to repeat that!

footflaps

The biggest risk would be the batteries over heating and catching fire whilst being charged (which has happened with Li-ions), so in an ideal world only charge them when you’re around ie not at night when you’re asleep. Alternately, I put my Li-ions in a metal biscuit box when charging them, so if they do go tits up, the damage is contained.

Northwind

tpbiker – Member

I’m toying with the idea of this night riding lark. Will this 27 quid light allow me to go round the pentlands/GT in the middle of the night, or is it for commuting predominently?

Just in from a night ride on the downhill bikes at innerleithen- mate was using 2 of those P7 lights from the original post. It’s a lot more light than I started nightriding on, upgrading to a single P7 was a big deal!

So yeah, they’ll be fine, unless they burn your house down, which they most probably won’t.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘PSA: SSC P7 Super Bright Rechargeable LED Bike Light UK store £27.89’ is closed to new replies.