Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA: Specialized Rhyme Carbon, ridiculously cheap
  • tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Rhyme comp carbon reduced from £3400 to £1530 at JE James, amazing price for carbon spec and solid spec. Best alternatives I can find at that price point are similar spec with alloy frames.

https://www.jejamescycles.com/specialized-rhyme-comp-carbon-650b-full-suspension-bike-2017.html

bigyinn
    Free Member

I didn’t realise it was a women’s bike to start with. 🙁

MSP

Could still be worth it, I don’t know if spesh change the frame, lots of companies it is just the grips and saddle.

DezB
    Free Member
    zigzag69
    Free Member

Still looks like a cracking deal – frame geometry looks the same as mens bike, saddle and shock tune women specific, easy enough to fix.

Womens: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/rhyme-comp-carbon-650b/p/118343

Mens: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/rhyme-expert-carbon-27-5/p/129010?color=239993-129010

Geo at the bottom of the pages.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Yes sorry, should have added, it’s a womens bike, but there are plenty of women here who may be interested (my wife just bought one, and a friend of ours got too). Plus according to this the frame itself is same as a Stumpy so even by the time you swap out the ladies specific parts on it and put on gents stuff, it’s still a cracking deal.

Stupid.is
    Free Member

My wife has the 6fattie version and loves it. Really capable bikes.

DezB
    Free Member

Large (man-sized) only.

mm93
    Free Member

Regarding suspension,how would a man’s be different to a womans?surely it’s about the weight and riding style than the sex of the rider?
    Other than the seat shape and maybe thinner grips i can’t see what could possibly be different.Looks like a bargain if you don’t mind being seen on a “girls bike”.

MSP

Regarding suspension,how would a man’s be different to a womans?

Maybe tuned to be generally suitable for a lighter users, but I wouldn’t really worry about it too much, I doubt I would bother changing it initially, and after say 12 months of use get it into TFT for a service and see what they say about retuning. If I was a racing snake I doubt any retune would be required.

LittleNose
    Free Member

if there were any ‘small’ ones left, I’d have picked one up for my better half

glenh
    Free Member

Boom – large ordered.
    Bit of an upgrade over my existing alloy version 🙂
    Cheers Tenacious Doug!

p.s. ‘girls’ colour is nice than mine 😛

mm93
    Free Member

How tall are you Glen?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m guessing large is equivalent to men’s medium?

zigzag69
    Free Member

Not according to the geo sections for the mens/womens bikes.

scotthep
    Free Member

Do you think 13 stone is abit too heavy for that shock tune.?

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Do you think 13 stone is abit too heavy for that shock tune.?

As has been said by someone earlier, for that price, you don’t have much to lose. Whether the tune is suitable will be also dependent on the terrain you ride and the way you like to ride it and how you like the bike to feel. Within reason, it’s a very subjective thing. If it was me, I’d chance it, ride it for a while and if I really couldn’t get on with it by altering the settings you can do yourself, send the shock away for a service and a retune. Even with that factored in, you’ve still got a bargain, imo!

shermer75
    Free Member

One of my sister’s mates has a Rhyme, it looks really good. Wasn’t aware it was women’s specific to be honest, would happily buy one at that price..

glenh
    Free Member

if I really couldn’t get on with it by altering the settings you can do yourself, send the shock away for a service and a retune.

Since it’s a RS shock it’s pretty easy to service / re-tune yourself.

Personally, at 11st on the large, I suspect the women’s tune might actually be better for me than the men’s.

mm93
    Free Member

Did anyone end up buying one of these? If so how did the sizing work out?
    Is the large the same as a mens large ,and is there any noticeable difference in the suspension?

asbrooks

Found another one Rhyme Comp

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Seems like a good deal, will pass it along to a few who might be keen!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Specialized Rhyme Carbon, ridiculously cheap’ is closed to new replies.