Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA: Sky TV 1/2 price for a year.
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Long story cut short, I wanted Sky Sports via Freeview and remembered that TopUpTv used to offer this service, so went to their website.

It turns out that they are no longer trading, but I followed the instructions on the page and have managed to secure a Sky TV package at 1/2 price. I have sports, Entertainment+ and movies for £33/month. The usual cost is £67. It reverts back to £67 after 12 months, but you can obviously cancel/renegotiate after this.

Not sure if this is a regular offer available elsewhere too, but I couldn’t find anything.

MrNutt
    Free Member

they’d have to pay me double that to deal with them again!

lied to me to get me to sign up, deleted recording of call, credited sky account £100 rather than sending me M&S vouchers, damaged the roof, refused to pay out for damage, agreed to end contract early at no cost then handed account to debt collection monkeys who, after calling all hours of the day and night eventually apologised and buggered off.

never again!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Just to be clear…was that a ‘no’ for you then MrNutt??

kendo954
    Free Member

have you a link to the instructions?

glenh
    Free Member

£400 (over £500 once you add in your licence) a year for some tv programs?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

glenh – Member

£400 (over £500 once you add in your licence) a year for some tv programs?

Er yes Glen, congrats on your maths.

If it’s not for you then it’s not for you, but some may find value in it.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Instructions

Here you go Kendo.

Legoman
    Free Member

cbm – did you just phone that number then, and ask for a half price package?
    Presumably it’s only for new customers.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why support a Murdoch enterprise ?

Canceled mine when I released I handn’t watched anything on Sky for 5 months, turned out most of what we where doing was watching BBC stuff on series record = can do that with iPlayer now. Lots of other things to spend £500-£1,000 (full price) on.

OP I know you are trying to be helpful but it is a company which generates a lot of distaste for many.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Legoman, if you email the address on the page, they will ask you to email them your name and address. They will then give you a unique reference number, which you then quote to sky. Sky then cross reference the number, and give you the deal.

Yes only to new customers.

Legoman
    Free Member

Cheers

lambchop
    Free Member

Did a similar thing in June, wanted to watch the Ashes series so phoned Sky and asked what the cheapest package to do so would be (basic Sky Entertainment and Sky Sports) and was told £42.50 per month on a 12 month contract. When I replied that that was too much and no thanks they immediately said they could do it for half price! Have really enjoyed a summer of cricket both on the TV and laptop via the included Sky Go option, also their Catch Up service is spot on. Will be re negotiating the package next June though!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Why support a Murdoch enterprise ?

Canceled mine when I released I handn’t watched anything on Sky for 5 months, turned out most of what we where doing was watching BBC stuff on series record = can do that with iPlayer now. Lots of other things to spend £500-£1,000 (full price) on.

OP I know you are trying to be helpful but it is a company which generates a lot of distaste for many.

Then they should not open this thread and comment on it – That would be my advice. I posted for anyone who was considering a package.

kendo954
    Free Member

ah new customers only !!! ah well cheers anyway 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Sky TV 1/2 price for a year.’ is closed to new replies.